TORONTO, July 28, 2016 /CNW/ - Tangerine has earned the highest ranking in customer satisfaction among midsized banks for the fifth straight year in the 2016 J.D. Power Canadian Retail Banking Customer Satisfaction Study. In addition to receiving the highest overall customer satisfaction score, Tangerine received the highest score in the following study factors:
- Product – Chequing Account, Savings Account, Credit Card
- Personal Service – Call Centre, Assisted Online
- Self Service – Website, ABM, Mobile Phone/Tablet
"We're thrilled to be recognized for the fifth straight year by J.D. Power as we continue to transform everyday banking in Canada," said Peter Aceto, President and CEO of Tangerine. "Everything we do is designed with the Client experience in mind, from our 24/7 service options to our low-fee everyday banking products, and we'd like to thank our Clients for their loyalty and for continually recognizing this difference."
Highlights of the convenient, innovative and simple banking experience at Tangerine:
- First to innovate – In 2016, Tangerine became the first Canadian bank to offer Secure Chat*, a new service feature that allows Clients to interact with a Tangerine Associate and make secure transactions over a real-time chat session on Tangerine's website or Mobile Banking app.
- Innovation – Tangerine's Mobile Banking app, newly redesigned in 2016, includes two biometric technologies that were first-to-market in Canadian banking - EyeVerify and Vocal Password.
- Convenience – Tangerine Clients can bank 24/7 online, through the Mobile Banking app, or over the phone. They can also stop by a Tangerine Café, Pop-Up Location or Kiosk to sign-up for an Account and interact with a Tangerine Associate.
- Always on support – Tangerine Associates are available for 24/7 phone support or can be reached via email, Secure Chat, or on social @TangerineHelps.
- Free ABM access – Tangerine Clients have free unlimited access to 3,500 Scotiabank® ABMs nationwide and 50,000 ABMs worldwide through Scotiabank's Global ATM Alliance
Tangerine's Client service has helped nearly 2 million Canadians grow their savings and live better lives.
Tangerine is a direct bank that delivers simplified everyday banking to Canadians. With nearly 2 million Clients and close to $38 billion in total assets, we are Canada's leading direct bank. Tangerine offers banking that is flexible and accessible, products and services that are innovative, fair fees, and award-winning Client service. From no-fee daily chequing to high-interest savings accounts, GICs, RSPs, TFSAs, mortgages, a Credit Card, and mutual funds through its subsidiary, Tangerine Investment Funds Ltd., Tangerine has the everyday banking products Canadians need. With over 1,000 employees in Canada, our presence extends beyond our website and Mobile Banking app to our Café locations, Pop-Up locations, Kiosks and 24/7 Contact Centres. Tangerine was launched as ING DIRECT Canada in 1997. In 2012 it was acquired by Scotiabank, and operates independently as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
For more information, visit tangerine.ca
*Tangerine's definition of 'Secure Chat' includes the ability for Clients to conduct banking transactions within the chat session.
Scotiabank® is a registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
Image with caption: "Tangerine (CNW Group/Tangerine)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160727_C1627_PHOTO_EN_743233.jpg