The Working and Learning Company opens new concept store and coworking space
in downtown Ottawa
RICHMOND HILL, ON, March 4, 2020 /CNW/ - Staples Canada, The Working and Learning Company, will launch its newest concept store in Ottawa on Saturday, March 7. Situated at 403 Bank St. in downtown Ottawa, the completely transformed store offers a new retail experience for customers featuring the fourth Staples Studio in Canada – a bold new take on coworking space. The new store will also feature thousands of new products, the enhanced services hub known as Solutionshop, a dedicated community events space and a Happy Goat Coffee Co. café.
Staples Studio provides entrepreneurs, start-ups, small businesses and students access to an innovative and collaborative workspace, featuring beautiful lounge spaces, community kitchens, a podcast studio, private and shared offices and meeting rooms fully equipped with modern office furniture and state-of-the-art technology. Local consumers can enjoy a fully equipped office space designed to meet the needs of the ever-growing start-up community in Ottawa, 24/7.
"We've designed this new store with the Ottawa entrepreneurial community in mind," said David Boone, CEO, Staples Canada. "The all-new Staples Canada is an innovation hub designed to serve the needs of local tech start-ups, entrepreneurs and small business owners. We know the way our customers work and learn is changing and this is the driving force behind our continued transformation that's rooted in bringing Canadians together in a dynamic and modern space."
As part of the company's goal to engage the creative and entrepreneurial communities in Ottawa, Staples Canada is providing access to resources and events that engage and inspire with a bold new community event space called Spotlight. Designed as a place to learn, meet and share ideas, the Spotlight Speaker Series will kick off March 7 with an appearance from former Ottawa Senator, Chris Phillips, and Canadian entrepreneur, Amen Iseghohi. In keeping with its entrepreneurial spirit, the new store will also feature Happy Goat Coffee Company's newest location, bringing a local Ottawa brand in store to supply customers with gourmet coffee and artisanal treats.
"We are thrilled to partner with Staples Canada and bring Happy Goat to life within this impressive new retail destination," said Henry Assad, Owner and CEO, Happy Goat Coffee Company. "Innovation is a big part of our story and as innovators supporting innovators, we're excited to help shape the inspiring atmosphere inside so customers can work, learn and grow."
Highlights of the new Staples Canada location include:
- Staples Studio – innovative new coworking space providing entrepreneurs and businesses with all the space and resources they could ever need at their fingertips, including a podcast booth.
- Happy Goat Coffee Company – serving customers gourmet coffee and treats in store to enhance their working and learning experience.
- Spotlight - inviting community members, entrepreneurs, educators and students to meet, share ideas and learn.
- Discovery experience – allowing customers to get hands-on with the products the products they need in store, including new Pen and Journal bars and Tech Discovery Zone.
- New design-focused products – introducing thousands of new products both in store and online to inspire working and learning.
- Technology and connectivity – bringing every major technology brand, organized by category to Canadians, with experts on hand to help customers connect their homes and offices.
- Solutionshop – assisting Canadians with enhanced services that include tech services, graphic design, marketing solutions, shipping, print services and much more.
Ottawa residents are encouraged to join Staples Canada for the grand opening on March 7 at 9:00 A.M. with the first 100 customers receiving gift cards valued up to $100, free Happy Goat Coffee Co. brewed coffee and a 10 per cent store-wide discount on most products. Canadians unable to attend can learn more about The Working and Learning Company at staples.ca/spotlightmagazine and are invited to let Staples Canada know what would help them work, learn and grow on social media by using #worklearngrow.
About Staples Canada/Bureau en Gros
Staples Canada is The Working and Learning Company. With a focus on community, inspiration and services, the company is committed to being a dynamic, inspiring partner to customers who visit its 305 locations across the country. A privately-owned company, Staples Canada is dedicated to helping its customers – entrepreneurs, educators, students and parents – work, learn and grow. Visit staples.ca for more information, or get social with @StaplesCanada on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
SOURCE Staples Canada ULC
For further information: Media Information: Alessandra Saccal, Staples Canada, 905-737-1147 Ext. 2363, [email protected]; Kathleen Stelmach, Staples Canada, 905-737-1147 Ext. 2714, [email protected]; David Dwyer, Golin, 647-828-0140, [email protected]