- Egg Farmers of Canada (EFC) inspire Canadians with the best egg-related recipes and decorating tips for Easter -
OTTAWA, March 27, 2013 /CNW/ - Eggs are symbolic of Easter and with it right around the corner, Canadians across the country are decorating, celebrating and enjoying Canadian eggs. As they engage in family traditions and celebrations, the more than one thousand Canadian egg farmers are showing their pride in every egg and encouraging Canadians to make theirs Canada Grade 'A'. Many Canadians may not know how all those eggs get to their table; they can thank a uniquely Canadian system called "supply management", which enables access to high-quality, fresh eggs, usually from a farm very close by.
Supply management is just how it sounds. The more than 1,000 egg farmers across Canada work together to make sure Canadians get what they want—eggs that are high-quality, fresh, produced with care, and best of all Canadian. "Time and time again research shows that Canadians want fresh, high-quality, local Canadian eggs - and Canadian farmers are ready to serve," said Peter Clarke, Chairman of Egg Farmers of Canada. "Our recent advertising campaign talked about our 'pride in every egg'. But, Canadians should also take pride buying those eggs, knowing that they are supporting local egg farmers," he added.
To celebrate the benefits of the system of supply management and to celebrate spring, Egg Farmers of Canada are providing these tips for everything from egg decorating to recipes for Sunny Egg Faces and Chocolate Bunny Bread.
Entertaining and Egg Decorating Tips
With endless colour combinations and many different ways to decorate, making colourful eggs can be as easy or as intricate as you choose, making it a perfect activity for all ages and skill levels. From a simple egg dyed one colour, to ornate and delicate patterns, Easter eggs are as unique as the people that create them. So get inspired and create memories your family will cherish.
- Follow these easy steps to create your Easter egg masterpiece. (http://www.eggs.ca/cooking-with-eggs/eggdecorating). Please see photos shown above.
- Get the children involved in the kitchen with fun recipes to make and eat - this chocolate bunny bread recipe serves ten, or could be a thoughtful take-away food gift - http://eggs.ca/cooking-with-eggs/recipe/chocolate-bunny-bread/ And, if you have any budding chefs over the holiday weekend then you can find ample inspiration more ideas here - http://www.eggs.ca/cooking-with-eggs/recipes/kids-recipes
- No eggcentrics in your family tree? How about creating your own family tradition based on existing egg customs from around the world - http://www.eggs.ca/egg-farming/brief-history-of-eggs. Please see photos shown above.
Celebrating Fresh Canadian Eggs
Turn up the fun factor in your kitchen this Easter by taking a crack at some new recipes and getting your family egg-cited to try new foods!
- Chicken Roulade appetisers - http://www.eggs.ca/cooking-with-eggs/recipe/chicken-roulade-appetizers
- Smoked Salmon Devilled Eggs - http://www.eggs.ca/cooking-with-eggs/recipe/smoked-salmon-devilled-eggs
- Heavenly Baked Alaska - http://www.eggs.ca/cooking-with-eggs/recipe/heavenly-baked-alaska
- Toffee Meringue Kisses - http://www.eggs.ca/cooking-with-eggs/recipe/toffee-meringue-kisses/
- Hazelnut Dacquoise with Chocolate Ganache filling - http://www.eggs.ca/cooking-with-eggs/recipe/hazelnut-dacquoise-with-chocolate-ganache-filling/
- For more recipe inspiration, please visit Egg Farmers of Canada- http://www.eggs.ca/cooking-with-eggs/recipe-of-the-month
About Egg Farmers of Canada
Egg Farmers of Canada (EFC) is a not-for-profit national organization that forecasts demand for eggs, promotes eggs and develops national standards for egg farming. Our organization came into being in 1972 and was established as the Canadian Egg Marketing Agency under the Farm Products Agencies Act. We have a 16-member Board of Directors made up of an egg farmer from each province and the Northwest Territories, a representative of the Consumers' Association of Canada, three representatives from the Canadian Poultry and Egg Processors Council and a Chair of the Board. Our goal is to provide Canadians with a secure supply of high quality Canadian-produced eggs.
Link to organization: http://eggs.ca/industry-and-media/egg-farmers-of-canada/who-we-are
Kids curious about how eggs get to the plate? EFC on YouTube
Follow us on Twitter - (bilingual)
Video with caption: "Add a dash of eggucation to your creativity - see behind the scenes of Canadian egg farms and learn from the farmers themselves". Video available at: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA599CE7DEEFA6B0A
Image with caption: "Follow these easy steps to create your Easter egg masterpiece. (http://www.eggs.ca/cooking-with-eggs/eggdecorating) (CNW Group/Egg Farmers of Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20130327_C8486_PHOTO_EN_24852.jpg
Image with caption: "Get Cracking (CNW Group/Egg Farmers of Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20130327_C8486_PHOTO_EN_24856.jpg
Image with caption: "Chocolate Bunny Bread (CNW Group/Egg Farmers of Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20130327_C8486_PHOTO_EN_24858.jpg
Image with caption: "Chopped Chef Salad (CNW Group/Egg Farmers of Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20130327_C8486_PHOTO_EN_24860.jpg
Image with caption: "Child Cracking Eggs (CNW Group/Egg Farmers of Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20130327_C8486_PHOTO_EN_24866.jpg
SOURCE: Egg Farmers of Canada
For further information:
or to arrange an interview, please contact:
416 306 6570
514 282 4782