TORONTO, Feb. 13, 2012 /CNW/ - Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) has begun the prize claim review process for the February 10, 2012 LOTTO MAX jackpot of $15 million which is being claimed by a resident from Brockville, Ontario. The claim will be going through the Insider/Related party process as an immediate family member is registered as being employed at a business that sells OLG products.
Under this process, the prize claim will be reviewed by OLG, and independently through the province's lottery regulator, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). The payment of prizes to Insiders is held for 30 days to allow anyone with concerns regarding the prize to come forward. The prize claim is publicly announced through a news release which is also posted on OLG.ca. Anyone having a concern regarding a prize claim may contact OLG at 1-800-387-0098. In respect of the prize review process, OLG does not comment further on a prize claim until the process is complete.
It is the policy of OLG that any Directors, Officers, Partners, Owners, and employees of the Defined Categories (listed below) and their immediate family members, including spouse (whether married or common law relationship), children, parents, siblings and any other relatives who reside with them will be subject to Insider Win process as defined by the Corporation.
It is the responsibility of the Insider to advise OLG of their relationship to OLG upon claiming their prize.
Insiders are classified as any person who, within twelve (12) months prior to the date of a prize claim, is defined as:
- Retailers of OLG lottery products and all employees or individuals of the retailer who are involved in the sale and redemption of lottery products
- Interprovincial Lottery Corporation
- Key Lottery Suppliers to OLG
- Regulator of Lottery (Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario)
- Suppliers of Independent Audit, Advisory or Security Services
- Other Canadian Lottery Jurisdictions
- An employee of accountable Ontario Government Ministries of the OLG and AGCO:
- Ministry of Finance (effective July 8, 2009)
- Ministry of Government Services
- Ministry of Public Infrastructure and Renewal (pre July 8, 2009)
- Immediate Family Members and Relatives of an OLG Employee or any other relatives who reside with an OLG Employee
Immediate family members of a defined Insider or any other relatives who reside with the Insider will be treated as Insiders.
For more information on Related Parties and Insider Wins, please visit the Winner News Releases page in the Media Centre on OLG.ca.
OLG is a provincial agency responsible for province-wide lottery games and gaming facilities. Since 1975, OLG lotteries, casinos, slots, and resort casinos have generated more than $34 billion for the benefit of the Province of Ontario. Gaming proceeds support Ontario's hospitals, amateur sport, recreational and cultural activities, communities, provincial priority programs such as health care and education, and local and provincial charities and non-profit organizations through the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
Know your limit, play within it!
THE ONTARIO PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE 1-888-230-3505
Disponible en français
For further information:
OLG Media Relations