Making Other Plans – 2017 Edition for Ontario Media
TORONTO, Nov. 16, 2017 /CNW/ -
Financial tips & facts from RBC Financial Planning
WHICH… financial goals are top of mind for consumers in Ontario?*
- Saving for retirement – 53% (vs. 52% nationally)
- Saving for a rainy day – 48% (vs. 49% nationally)
- Reducing or eliminating debt – 42% (matching 42% nationally)
WHO… can financial planning help in Ontario?*
- 75% who worry about saving now vs. saving for the future (vs. 76% nationally)
- 52% who have only thought "a little" about how to be financially prepared for unexpected life events (matching 52% nationally)
- 57% who don't yet have a financial plan (vs. 56% nationally)
- 55% of business owners who have not yet planned what they would do if they aren't able to run their business as long as they want to (vs. 51% nationally)
- 48% who worry if they'll have enough savings for retirement (vs. 46% nationally)
- 31% who haven't yet started saving for retirement (vs. 29% nationally)
* Ontarians aged 18 and over – from RBC 2017 Financial Independence in Retirement Poll
WHAT… are the 3 top tips RBC Financial Planning has for consumers in Ontario to help them manage their finances?
- Have a formal financial plan that you review regularly as your life changes, to help you stay on track to reach your goals.
- Prioritize your debt payments by reducing your high interest debts as much and as quickly as you can.
- Pay yourself first – a simple but very effective approach to saving, particularly when you set up automatic savings.
WHO… can media talk to about financial planning advice for consumers in Ontario?
- Sandra Abdool, Regional Financial Planning Consultant, RBC – Burlington ON
WHERE…can media in Ontario find more information?
- Please contact Kathy Bevan, RBC Corporate Communications email@example.com or 416-974-8822
SOURCE RBC Royal Bank
For further information: Please contact Kathy Bevan, RBC Corporate Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-974-8820