Recognized as a global leader in sustainability best practices for 13th consecutive year
TORONTO, Sept. 11, 2014 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) has been selected as a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the 13th consecutive year, highlighting the bank's best-in-class approach to responsible business practices.
Members of the index are assessed for the quality of their strategy, management, and performance in dealing with economic, environmental and social opportunities and risks relative to their industry peers.
The 319 companies included in the DJSI World Index are recognized as the global leaders in sustainability best practices and demonstrate exceptionally high environmental and social performance. CIBC is one of 25 financial institutions from around the world and one of only 12 Canadian companies to meet the criteria for inclusion for 2014/2015.
CIBC is also listed on the DJSI North American Index, as well as the Jantzi Social Index and FTSE4Good Index, which track the financial performance of leading sustainability-driven companies.
CIBC has been recognized for several other industry-best practices over the last year, including:
- The strongest of the publicly traded major banks in Canada and North American by Bloomberg Markets magazine;
- Among the Top 10 Safest Banks in North America by Global Finance magazine;
- Recognized for Leadership in Online Banking by Global Finance Magazine;
- Ranked top Canadian Bank for Mobile Banking by Forrester;
- One of the 25 Best Canadian Brands by Interbrand;
- One of Canada's 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ by Achievers;
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers by Mediacorp; and
- One of Canada's Top Employers for Young People and Top Employers for Canadians Over 40 by Mediacorp.
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution with nearly 11 million personal banking and business clients. Through our three major business units - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada with offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Media Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.
SOURCE: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
For further information:
Caroline Van Hasselt, Director, External Communications and Media Relations, 416-784-6699, or [email protected]