OTTAWA, March 21, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - Short on time this tax season? Try Auto-fill my return. This secure Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) service automatically fills in parts of your income tax and benefit return with information the CRA already has on file, making online filing even easier. This past year, Auto-fill my return was used more than 8 million times.
You can use Auto-fill my return if you file your return using certain NETFILE-certified software and are fully registered for My Account. You can use it to do your 2017 taxes, as well as your 2016 and 2015 taxes if you have not filed tax returns for those years.
What does Auto-fill my return do for you?
Auto-fill my return automatically fills in certain tax information for you, such as:
- amounts from T4, T3, and T5 slips
- registered retirement savings plan contribution limit
- Home Buyers' Plan repayment amount
- Lifelong Learning Plan repayment amount
- non-capital losses
- capital gains and losses
- capital gains deductions
Before you send in your return
Remember: Auto-fill my return does not file your tax return for you. Even after using Auto-fill my return, make sure all the other necessary parts of your return are filled in and the information given is accurate before you file.
The CRA's digital services are fast, easy to use, and secure
Access the CRA's full suite of self-service options. Use them to track your refund, view or change your return, make a payment by pre-authorized debit, register for online mail, check your benefits and credits, sign up for direct deposit, and more.
- Follow the CRA on Facebook.
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency.
- Follow the CRA on LinkedIn.
- Watch our tax-related videos on YouTube.
- Download our mobile apps to get key CRA information where and when you need it.
- Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader.
- Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list.
SOURCE Canada Revenue Agency
For further information: CRA Media Relations, 613-948-8366