MONTREAL, Aug. 6, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada is making travel more fun and convenient for families. Anyone flying Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express with young children will be able to take advantage of dedicated check-in counters at major hubs, including a new counter at Calgary International Airport, new complimentary on-board travel goodies, and new fun children's meal options designed to meet the needs of travelling families.
"Travelling together often makes for some of the fondest, most enduring family memories. Air Canada is pleased to offer these special new services to make travel fun for our youngest flyers and easy for parents flying with young children," said Andrew Yiu, Vice President of Product at Air Canada. "
In addition, customers can also register their children for free online at Air Canada Altitude Skyriders. Children will receive a kit containing a welcome letter, an exclusive Skyriders luggage tag and a logbook to chart their flights. Every time the child travels, he or she will also earn printable badges online to commemorate special milestones or achievements. First flights, new regions visited, or destinations explored all have special meaning and can be commemorated online. E-mail notifications will be sent once new badges are earned.
New family friendly features being introduced by Air Canada include:
- Travel goodies – children receive a collectible item at Family Check-in, or if eligible at concierge offices prior to boarding and on-board such as a luggage tag, colouring or activity book and games;
- Children's meals – on most international flights, children receive a revamped menu that includes children's favourite food such as macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and more. Pre-booking is required 18 hours prior to travel;
- Dedicated family check-in counters – Calgary now joins Air Canada's existing family check-in counters in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver.
These new features complement already-existing features including:
- Children's meals are available on all international flights however, a Bistro Junior meal is available for purchase on both Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge flights, where Air Canada Bistro is offered, for children 12 years old and under;
- Complimentary, standard seat selection within each cabin of the aircraft for proximity seating for family members when travelling with children under 14 years of age;
- Pre-boarding between zones 2 and 3 for families travelling with children under 6 years of age.
About Air Canada
Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving nearly 220 airports on six continents. Canada's flag carrier is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and in 2018 served nearly 51 million customers. Air Canada provides scheduled passenger service directly to 62 airports in Canada, 54 in the United States and 100 in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network serving 1,317 airports in 193 countries. Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking according to independent U.K. research firm Skytrax, which also named Air Canada the 2019 Best Airline in North America. For more information, please visit: aircanada.com/media, follow @AirCanada on Twitter and join Air Canada on Facebook.
SOURCE Air Canada
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org; Internet: aircanada.com/media