RICHMOND, BC, Dec. 21, 2017 /CNW/ - As Vancouver International Airport (YVR) enters the peak of our holiday season, we will see up to 83,000 passengers per day come through the terminal. Today is expected to be our busiest travel day of the season. We recommend passengers give themselves extra time to get to the airport and check with their airlines for current flight timing and status. As a reminder, even if we're not experiencing winter weather conditions in Metro Vancouver, weather conditions in other parts of the country can also impact flights.
Please find below top travel tips as well as b-roll with a YVR customer care representative. We request that if you are planning to send cameras or reporters to YVR, please provide us with advance notice and email us at [email protected].
- Allow ample time to check in, clear security and board your flight. Factor in time for traffic congestion, parking and walking to the terminal.
- Winter weather here in Metro Vancouver or in other parts of the country could impact flights, so be sure to check the status of your flight at yvr.ca before you leave home.
- Travel to YVR on the Canada Line is quick and efficient, delivering you to the terminal door in 26 minutes or less.
- When packing, remember that restrictions continue to apply for liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on baggage. These details and a complete list of items not permitted in carry-on baggage, including skis and snowboards, is available through Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) at catsa.gc.ca.
- Don't wrap gifts before packing them into your carry-on baggage. Their contents may need to be inspected during the pre-board screening process.
- More tips can be found here along with some b-roll with Reg Krake, Director, Customer Care. He discusses our busiest days at YVR during the holiday season, how many passengers we see travelling through the airport, popular destinations, and advice to passengers flying out of YVR this season.
SOURCE Vancouver Airport Authority
For further information: YVR Media Relations, 604-880-9815, [email protected], www.yvr.ca, Twitter : @yvrairport