Leader in Spanish language TV covers all the bases with passionate telenovelas, trusted news coverage, world class sports and fabulous entertainment
TORONTO, Sept. 11, 2014 /CNW/ - TLN Telelatino's newly launched all-Spanish TV channel, Univision Canada, today announced a caliente lineup of new and returning shows including four new original Canadian documentaries to serve Canada's 1.6 million Spanish speaking audiences.
As the nation's leading all-Spanish TV channel, Univision Canada is available from coast to coast in over 1.8 million Canadian homes and delivers the best programming, from the most recognized Spanish language media brand in North America to Canada's rapidly growing Hispanic market.
Program highlights on Univision Canada:
- Acclaimed Telenovelas: (Monday – Friday from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.) - The best telenovelas from Latin America featured in prime time, back-to-back every weeknight including Primera Dama, 5 Viudas Sueltas, La Viuda Negra, and Pablo Escobar
TALK, ENTERTAINMENT, VARIETY SHOWS AND SPECIALS
- Va Por Ti: (Sundays at 8 p.m.) - American Idol with a Latino flavour, this new music/reality competition is on the hunt for the newest Latin sensation! Each week celebrity judges from the Latin music industry coach a team of aspiring singers in a cut throat race where viewers vote to save their favourite artists
- Latin Grammy Awards: (Thursday, November 20, 2014) - Latin Music's brightest stars will align for the 15th annual Latin Grammy Awards, LIVE from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas
- Premio Lo Nuestro Latin Music Awards: (February 2015) - The record-breaking Premio Lo Nuestro is the longest-running Latin music awards show in Spanish-language television history and pays homage to the hottest names on the Latin music scene
- Despierta America: (Monday-Friday at 7 a.m.) - North America's #1 Hispanic daily morning show
- Sábado Gigante: (Saturdays at 8 p.m.) - The longest running variety show in television history hosted by Emmy-winning television icon, Don Francisco
- El Gordo y La Flaca: (Monday-Friday at 4 p.m.) - The highest-rated entertainment news show on Spanish TV
- Sal Y Pimienta: (Sundays at 10 p.m.) - The ultimate behind-the-scenes look at the most popular shows, red carpet specials and hit series
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: (July 12 -26, 2015) - The 2015 CONCACAF Gold cup will set the stage to determine who will represent CONCACAF in the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup and get a shot at the title
- European Soccer Coverage: (September 2014 – May 2015) - Catch the best of European soccer action with extensive coverage of the UEFA Europa League and UEFA Champions League
- Republica Deportiva: (Sundays at 11 a.m.) - Hispanic sports fans get access to an all-star lineup of the latest news on their favourite stars
- Noticiero Univision: (Monday – Friday at 6:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.) - Daily award-winning newscasts
- Primer Impacto: (Monday – Friday at 5 p.m. and 11 p.m.) Hispanic America's #1 daily news magazine show
- Aqui y Ahora: (Sundays at 5 p.m.) In-depth look at today's most controversial stories
- Al Punto: (Sundays at 10 a.m.) - Award-winning journalist and Noticiero Univision anchor, Jorge Ramos, keeps Latinos connected with the latest political and current affair issues that are of most interest to their community
ORIGINAL CANADIAN DOCUMENTARIES
- Bailando - La Historia de la Música Latina en Canadá: The rising popularity of Latin Music in Canada is undeniable. Through a series of in-depth interviews with top- Latin music personalities, this original Canadian documentary showcases how Latinos are bringing personal experiences of cultural engagement to create this popular culture in Canada
- Nuestra Historia - Hispanos en Canada: Embark on a journey that traces the history, growth and successes of Canada's fastest growing ethnic community – Hispanic Canadians. Through a series of personal reflections, the documentary provides a unique focus on each immigrant's perspective and explores their common connection to Canada
- Los Hombres Invisibles: This moving documentary places the spotlight on one of Canada's most vulnerable communities: migrant workers. With the majority arriving from Mexico, Los Hombres Invisibles examines the challenges and personal journeys of Canada's "invisible men"
- Bienvenidos a Lulaworld: A TV musical extravaganza featuring an eclectic line up of musical artists that
showcases the depth, variety and caliber of the Latin and World music scene in Canada. The LulaWorld Festival is a presentation of Toronto's Lula Music and Arts Centre founded by Artistic Director Jose Ortega
CLICK HERE for additional show details.
About Univision Canada www.univisioncanada.ca
Univision Canada is the leading Spanish-language television channel in the country delivering the best programming from the Hispanic world to Canada's 1.6 million Spanish speakers. The network's programming lineup features daily news, award-winning telenovelas, talk and reality shows, live music specials and top soccer coverage. Univision Canada is a TLN Telelatino channel available from coast to coast in over 1.8 million homes and is carried by all of Canada's largest pay TV platforms on Rogers 780, Bell TV 699, Bell Fibe 867, Vidéotron 248, Shaw 508, and MTS channel 517.
SOURCE: Corus Entertainment Inc.
For further information: Bruna Aloe, Communications Manager, 416.744.5745, firstname.lastname@example.org; Marisa Ciarlitto, VP Marketing, 416.744.5732, email@example.com