Camry #1 in intermediate segment for 4th straight month
Best ever February for hybrids, Scion, Lexus GS 350 and Toyota trucks
TORONTO, March 1, 2012 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. achieves a 31% sales increase with 12,384 Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles sold in February 2012.
"When looking at the intermediate segment, Camry remains #1 for the fourth straight month. And within the segment for Toyota, 37% of our sales are hybrid vehicles, Camry Hybrid, Prius and Prius v," said Tony Wearing, Senior Managing Director, Toyota Canada Inc. "Toyota is Canada's small car leader and with combined sales of Corolla and Matrix as #1 in the compact segment we know Canadians are looking to Toyota to meet their needs."
- TCI hybrid sales (Toyota & Lexus) were up 169.4% to 932 for the best ever February
- TCI car sales across all three brands were up 52.3% to 6,889
- TCI truck sales (Toyota & Lexus) were up 10.9% to 5,495 for the best ever February
Toyota sales highlights for February 2012 (vs. February 2011)
- Total Toyota sales: 11,165 (up 31.6%)
- Toyota car sales: 6,139 (up 50.9%)
- Yaris Hatch sales: 606 (up 254.4%)
- Corolla sales: 2,593 (up 31.3%)
- Camry/Camry Hybrid sales: 1,443 (up 250.2%)
- Prius/Prius v sales: 445 (up 178.1%)
- Toyota truck sales: 5,026 (up 13.7%) for the best ever February
- Tacoma sales: 715 (up 56.1%): Best ever February for Tacoma 4x4 models
- Sequoia sales: 118 (up 59.5%)
- Sienna sales: 922 (up 55.7%)
Lexus sales highlights for February 2012 (vs. February 2011)
- Lexus luxury cars: 392 (up 31.1%)
- GS 350 sales: 62 (up 244.4%) for best ever February
"Lexus will be launching 9 new or refreshed models this year and we're excited to bring Canadian luxury buyers a better Lexus experience," said Larry Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director.
Scion sales highlights for February 2012 (vs. February 2011)
- Total Scion sales: 358 (up 128.0%) for best ever February
- xD: 72 (up 125.0%)
- tC: 112 (up 103.6%)
- xB: 100 (up 42.9%)
"The iQ continues to sell briskly in its second full month of sales, with Release Series vehicles for the xD and tC powering sales of those models," noted Larry Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director. We look forward to continuing to build momentum in 2012 with our line-up of highly-customizable vehicles."
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
For further information:
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.