- Best-ever January sales for TCI with 11,522 units sold, up 10.4% versus last year
- Record January sales of Toyota and Lexus trucks, Toyota RAV4, Highlander and Prius c
- TCI hybrid sales up 18% over last year
TORONTO, Feb. 3, 2015 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) reported total sales of 11,522 vehicles in January, setting a best-ever January and surpassing the previous record from 2012 by 8.1%.
Toyota and Scion sales of 10,249, up 7.6% versus last year, and Lexus with 1,273 units sold, up 39.3% over last year, also set January record sales.
In addition, it was a record January for truck sales for both Toyota (5,623, up 5.2%) and Lexus (889, up 70.3%) as well as total TCI truck sales of 6,512, up 11% from last year.
Other vehicle highlights included January records for the Canadian-made Toyota RAV4 (2,501, up 15.8%) with seventh straight monthly record, the Toyota Highlander (630, up 61.1%), and the Toyota Prius c (146, up 25.9%).
Toyota (including Scion) sales highlights for January 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 10,249 :: new January record (up 7.6%)
- Passenger car sales: 4,626 (up 10.7%)
- Corolla sales: 2,427 (up 9.8%)
- Camry sales: 1,045 (up 60.8%)
- Yaris sales: 398 (up 6.1%)
- Prius v sales: 171 (up 9.6%)
- Prius c sales: 146 :: new January record (up 25.9%)
- Scion xB sales: 51 (up 41.7%)
- Scion tC sales: 51 (up 13.3%)
- Avalon sales: 48 (up 4.3%)
- Truck sales: 5,623 (up 5.2%) :: new January record
- RAV4 sales: 2,501 (up 15.8%) :: new January record :: seventh straight monthly record
- Sienna sales: 787 (up 35.9%)
- Highlander sales: 630 (up 61.1%) :: new January record
- Toyota hybrid sales: 675 (up 21.2%)
Lexus sales highlights for January 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 1,273 (up 39.3%) :: new January record :: fourth straight month of record sales
- Luxury car sales: 384
- IS sales: 152
- ES sales: 120
- CT sales: 51 (up 70%)
- RC sales: 24 (second full month of sales)
- Luxury SUV sales: 889 (up 70.3%) :: new January record
- RX sales: 429
- NX sales: 380 (first full month of sales)
- GX sales: 62 (up 3.3%)
- Luxury hybrid sales: 126 (up 3.3%)
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. January sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Celebrating its 50th anniversary in Canada, Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles: Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid and just celebrated production of its 6 millionth vehicle.
To unsubscribe or update your profile, please send an email to email@example.com.
Toyota Canada Inc. | 1 Toyota Place | Toronto, ON | M1H 1H9 | Canada
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.