- Best month ever for Canadian-made Toyota RAV4
- Toyota Canada Inc. reports record September for trucks and hybrids
TORONTO, Oct. 3, 2017 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) experienced another record month of sales, with 22,018 units sold, up 14.5% compared to 2016.
The Toyota division posted sales of 19,599 vehicles, up 14.6% compared to last year for its best September yet. The Lexus division reported a 15th consecutive monthly record with 2,419 units sold, up 11.1% compared to last year.
Canadian-made RAV4 has best month ever, fueling record truck sales
Toyota's best-selling compact crossover, the Toyota RAV4, experienced its best sales month ever, with 5,530 vehicles sold, up 15.5% compared to 2016. This helped TCI set a September record for truck sales with 13,326 units sold, up 16.8% compared to last year.
Additional September Sales Highlights
- TCI car sales of 8,692 units, up 10.5%
- TCI hybrid sales of 2,140 units, up 36% (new September record)
- Toyota Corolla sales of 4,701 units, up 9.8%
- Toyota Camry sales of 1,750 units, up 31.1%
- Toyota Highlander sales of 1,355 units, up 25.5% (new September record)
- Toyota Tacoma sales of 1,093 units, up 15.3%
- Lexus RX sales of 936 units, up 17.6% (new September record)
- Lexus NX sales of 766 units, up 27.5%
- Toyota 4Runner sales of 684 units, up 20.2% (new September record)
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca. To unsubscribe or update your profile, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Toyota Canada Inc. | 1 Toyota Place | Toronto, ON | M1H 1H9 | Canada
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Incorporated in 1964, Toyota has sold more than 4 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive....