- Record August truck sales key contributor to sales growth
- Hybrid vehicle sales continue to climb, up 9.4% in August
TORONTO, Sept. 4, 2018 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) reported overall sales of 20,433 vehicles during the month of August, up 2% compared to August 2017.
The Toyota division sold a total of 18,378 units, up 2.4%, while the Lexus luxury division reported sales of 2,055 units, down 1.5% compared to last year.
Canadian demand for dependable trucks leads Toyota Canada Inc. to record August truck sales
TCI experienced a record August for truck sales, with 12,408 units sold, up 3.5% compared to August 2017. This was led by record August sales of the Toyota Tundra (1,174 units, up 38%), the Lexus RX (894 units, up 22.3%), the Toyota Tacoma (1,170 units, up 15.7%), and the Toyota RAV4 (4,980 units, up 4.1%).
With sales of hybrid vehicles continuing to grow, TCI sets another monthly record
For the 2nd consecutive month TCI reported another record sales month for its wide range of hybrid vehicles, with 2,161 units sold, up 9.4% compared to 2017. The continued hybrid sales growth was supported by strong Prius Prime plug-in hybrid electric vehicle sales of 373 units.
- Toyota truck sales of 10,838 units, up 3.2% (new August record)
- Tundra sales of 1,174 units, up 38% (new August record)
- Tacoma sales of 1,170 units, up 15.7% (new August record)
- RAV4 sales of 4,980 units, up 4.1% (new August record)
- Lexus truck sales of 1,570 units, up 5.4% (new August record)
- RX sales of 894 units, up 22.3% (new August record)
- TCI hybrid vehicle sales of 2,161 units, up 9.4% (new August record)
- Prius sales of 572 units, up 45.9%
- Includes Prius Prime sales of 373 units
- 2019 Corolla Hatchback sales of 511 units (first month of sales)
- Camry sales of 1,274 units, up 18.8%
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than eight million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.