- Eighth consecutive monthly record for Toyota and Lexus truck sales
- Lexus sets eleventh straight monthly sales record
TORONTO, Sept. 1, 2015 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 18,292 vehicles in August, a decrease of 1.1% versus last year. At a divisional level, Toyota and Scion reported sales of 16,361, down 3.5% compared to 2014. For the Lexus division, it was the eleventh consecutive month of record sales, with 1,931 units sold, up 25.9% over last year.
Momentum for TCI trucks continued with total sales of 10,055 trucks in August, up 12% versus 2014 and the eighth straight monthly sales record. Sales for Toyota trucks reached an August record of 8,811, up 6.7% versus last year. Lexus also set an August record with 1,244 luxury SUVs sold, up 72.5% over 2014.
Additional August sales records were set for Toyota Highlander, Toyota Tacoma and Toyota Tundra 4X4.
Toyota (including Scion) sales highlights for August 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 16,361
- Passenger car sales: 7,550
- Corolla sales: 4,318
- Camry sales: 1,450 (up 16.6%)
- Scion xB sales: 96 (up 60%)
- Truck sales: 8,811 (up 6.7%) :: new August record :: Eighth straight monthly record
- RAV4 sales: 3,390
- Sienna sales: 1,271 (up 3.3%)
- Tacoma sales: 1,107 (up 38.9%) :: new August record
- Tundra 4X4 sales: 950 (up 21.3%) :: new August record
- Highlander sales: 857(up 47%) :: new August record
- 4Runner sales: 587 (up 50.1%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 1,031 (up 7.7%)
- Prius family sales: 685 (up 7.5%)
- Prius c sales: 304 (up 34.5%)
- Prius v sales: 248
Lexus sales highlights for August 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 1,931 (up 25.9%) :: new August record :: eleventh straight monthly record
- Luxury car sales: 687
- IS sales: 258
- ES sales: 199
- RC sales: 128
- Luxury SUV sales: 1,244 (up 72.5%) :: new August record :: Eighth straight monthly record
- RX sales: 609
- NX sales: 578
- GX sales: 45 (up 80%)
- Lexus hybrid sales: 186
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. August sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.
To unsubscribe or update your profile, please send an email to [email protected].
Toyota Canada Inc. | 1 Toyota Place | Toronto, ON | M1H 1H9 | Canada
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca