Today, 100% of proceeds from every coffee purchased at participating Tim Hortons Restaurants in Canada will help kids from disadvantaged circumstances change their stories for the better
TORONTO, June 5, 2019 /CNW/ - 100% of proceeds from every coffee purchased at participating Tim Hortons restaurants in Canada on Camp Day – today – is donated to Tim Hortons Foundation Camps to help make a difference in the lives of youth from disadvantaged circumstances across the country.
A leader in youth development programming, Tims Camps support youth between the ages of 12 to 16 from low income homes through a multi-year, camp-based program where they learn skills like leadership, resilience and responsibility, which empower them to believe in their own potential and change their stories for the better.
With seven camps in North America that run year-round Summer and School Programs, youth are supported to thrive when they return home, to excel in post-secondary education, to succeed at work and to contribute positively to their communities. Entirely supported by restaurant owners, guests, and sponsors, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps invest in youth in every community Tim Hortons serves.
Supporting Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
- Guests can donate $2 to receive a limited-edition red, blue, green or orange Camp Day bracelet
- 100% of proceeds from every brewed coffee purchased in Canada is donated to Tims Camps
- Guests can round up their order total to the nearest dollar at any Tims
- Guests can make a one-time or recurring donation online any time
"Camp was the constant variable in our lives that showed up and continued to say 'you can!' I would not be where I am today without the support of Tim Hortons Foundation Camps."
– Shelagh Cole, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps Alumni
"Camp Day is as much a part of Tim Hortons as our Double Double is. In 2018, our guests helped us donate more than $13.1 million on Camp Day and this year I hope we can exceed this to help even more youth change their stories."
– Alex Macedo, President, Tim Hortons
"Over the last 45 years we have helped give 275,000 youth a chance to change their future – but we can't do this alone. It's the generosity of Tim Hortons Restaurant Owners, guests and supporters year-round – but most importantly on Camp Day – that allow us to continue to provide more kids with lifelong benefits of this very specialized Tim Hortons camp experience."
– Dave Newnham, President & Executive Director, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
Camp alumnus, Shelagh Cole, recounts her incredible and emotional story about how Tim Hortons Foundation Camps helped her change her story for the better.
- The Foundation was established in 1974 by Ron Joyce, co-founder of Tim Hortons, in honour of Tim Horton's love for children and his desire to help those less fortunate
- Attending Tim Hortons Foundation Camps comes at absolutely no cost to youth or their families
- One in five youth grow up in poverty and when they grow up in disadvantaged circumstances the chances of the cycle of poverty repeating increases and their ability to develop necessary skills to become successful adults decreases*
- Youth from low-income homes face additional obstacles when it comes to academic performance, relationship building and physical and emotional well-being*
- Youth from low-income homes are more likely to experience a wide variety of illnesses, hospital stays, accidents, mental health problems, lower school achievement and early drop-out, family violence and child abuse*
Join the Camp Day conversation
- Use the hashtag #CampDay
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons & @TimsCamps
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons & @TimsCamps
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons & @TimsCamps
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons & Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
- Visit TimHortons.com/CampDay
About Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps is a non-profit charitable organization founded in 1974 helping kids to change their stories for the better through multi-year, camp-based programs that empower youth from disadvantaged circumstances to believe in their own potential. The Foundation's funding comes from Tim Hortons Camp Day, fundraising activities, special events, and year-round public donations collected through counter and drive-thru coin boxes, as well as other donations. More than 275,000 kids have attended a Foundation camp at no cost to them or their families. For more information about Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps, please visit timhortons.com/foundation.
About Tim Hortons® Canada
Tim Hortons® is one of North America's largest restaurant chains operating in the quick service segment. Founded as a single location in Canada in 1964, Tim Hortons appeals to a broad range of guest tastes, with a menu that includes premium coffee, hot and cold specialty drinks (including lattes, cappuccinos and espresso shots), specialty teas and fruit smoothies, fresh baked goods, grilled Panini and classic sandwiches, wraps, soups, prepared foods and other food products. Tim Hortons has more than 4,800 system wide restaurants located in Canada, the United States and around the world. More information about the company is available at www.timhortons.com.
SOURCE Tim Hortons
For further information: Media Contacts: Shannon Hall, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps, Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org, 647-627-2903; Sarah McConnell, Tim Hortons, email@example.com, 647-339-7726; Meghan Giffin, North Strategic, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-617-4500