Torontonians can Now Enjoy 'Eats & Entertainment' at Canada's Newest Premier Social Destination
TORONTO, June 27, 2017 /CNW/ - (TSX: CGX) - Toronto social seekers now have a new hot-spot for 'Eats and Entertainment,' with the opening of the city's first location of The Rec Room at the Roundhouse today. Located at 255 Bremner Boulevard – just across from the CN Tower, Ripley's Aquarium and Rogers Centre – The Rec Room brings together incredible dining experiences with exciting live entertainment and amusement gaming experiences, all under one roof. Visit Cineplex.com/TheRecRoomToronto to watch a video tour of The Rec Room.
With half of the over 40,000 square foot complex devoted to dining and live entertainment and the other half devoted to amusement games and attractions, The Rec Room is the perfect destination for a night out with friends, group celebrations and corporate events. And with a huge outdoor patio that features incredible city skyline views, it is sure to become the go-to destination for area residents and the millions of tourists who visit the area each year.
A destination that puts food first, The Rec Room serves the very best in wood-fired, Canadian-inspired cuisine that has the perfect pairing for any occasion.
- Three10 is an upscale casual restaurant that is playfully named after Canada's three territories and 10 provinces. Its menu features familiar items that have been elevated and transformed through fresh ingredients and innovative cooking techniques. Fun fact: Three10 has one of the largest wood-fired grills in Canada, the 'Grillwork's Inferno!'
- The Shed is The Rec Room's quick service destination that includes a pizzeria with a wood-fired, dual pizza oven imported from Italy that cooks a pizza in 90 seconds. It also has a custom donut bar as well as a poutinerie that serves delectable toppings like smoked brisket, lobster and wild mushrooms.
- In addition to spirits and cocktails, multiple bars throughout the space serve six draught wines and over 24 draught beers, including one from The Rec Room's neighbour Steam Whistle Brewing.
- Hosting a private meeting, corporate event or holiday party? The space can be customized for any occasion! Whether you're hosting a gathering of 20 friends or a launch party with 1,000 guests, The Rec Room's delicious food and massive entertainment area strike the perfect balance between work and play.
The Rec Room is the social playground for anyone, and everyone – there's always something going on to make things a little more interesting.
- The Rec Room features a huge attractions area called The Yard where Torontonians can play over 90 amusement games. Credits and points earned are tracked on RFID bracelets and can be redeemed at The Trophy Case redemption store for a wide array of prizes – everything from retro candy to drones, and whisky stones to portable speakers.
- The Rec Room features Canada's first location of THE VOID, where guests step into a truly immersive virtual world with family and friends. THE VOID combines interactive sets, virtual reality, real-time effects and gear to create an experience that goes beyond reality. The state-of-the-art experience is launching with Ghostbusters: Dimension, which turns guests into Ghostbusters, transporting them to New York City to track and trap ghosts while engaging all the senses with sights, sounds, smells and motions.
- Those up to the challenge can also try a next generation race car simulator that puts you in the driver's seat (literally!) or compete against friends at favourites like shuffleboard, billiards, air hockey and ping pong.
- Offering both live and programmed entertainment, visitors at The Rec Room can look forward to musical acts, bands and comedians, a dance floor and an auditorium featuring a huge high-definition screen.
- Don't have tickets to catch the big game in-person? Watch it here on over 80 (seriously) big screens! Gamification is also an integral part of The Rec Room and its Gameboard App enables visitors to play games, interact and participate in a fantasy league while inside the complex.
- In addition to redemption opportunities and promotions throughout The Rec Room, guests can also earn SCENE points on food and fun.
The Rec Room is part of Cineplex, one of Canada's leading entertainment and media companies, and leverages its existing industry-leading entertainment, amusement gaming, food service, content creation, digital media and operational capabilities. Cineplex plans to open 10-15 new locations of The Rec Room over the coming years, each ranging in size from 40,000-60,000 square feet and customized to the individual community.
Locations are now open in Toronto and South Edmonton, with plans announced for complexes in London (ON), Mississauga (ON), Calgary (AB) and Vancouver (BC), as well as an additional location in Edmonton at West Edmonton Mall.
About The Rec Room
The Rec Room is Canada's premier 'Eats & Entertainment' destination that brings together incredible dining, amusement gaming, technology and live entertainment experiences all under one roof. Part of Cineplex, The Rec Room is a premier social destination and the ultimate gathering spot for corporate events, groups and parties. While each location is customized to the individual community, The Rec Room concept features multiple dining environments and a wide range of entertainment options including a large amusement games area featuring state-of-the-art simulation, feature attractions and redemption games as well as an auditorium-style space perfect for musical acts, bands and comedians. For more information, visit TheRecRoom.com or follow the action on social media through Facebook (TheRecRoomTO), Twitter (@TheRecRoomCA), Snapchat (@TheRecRoomCA) and Instagram (@TheRecRoomCA).
A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada's largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 75 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). It also operates a location based entertainment business through Canada's newest destination for 'Eats & Entertainment' (The Rec Room), and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs over 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
For further information: Media Relations contact: Sarah Van Lange, Director, Communications, Sarah.VanLange@Cineplex.com, 647-287-9582; Investor Relations contact: Pat Marshall, Vice President, Communications and Investor Relations, Pat.Marshall@Cineplex.com, 416-323-6648