- Toyota brand hybrid sales more than double 2015 numbers
- TCI total 2016 sales up 4.2% from 2015 with 217,792 vehicles sold
- Best year ever for TCI truck sales and Lexus luxury vehicle sales
TORONTO, Jan. 4, 2017 /CNW/ - Nearly 20,000 more Canadians switched to hybrid vehicles in 2016 and this helped fuel overall annual sales growth of 4.2% for Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI).
TCI is reporting its best year ever for hybrid sales in 2016, with a total of 19,787 units sold, up 45.2% compared to last year. Led by the RAV4 hybrid, Toyota brand hybrid sales have more than doubled compared to 2015, with 17,812 vehicles sold, and a 54.2% increase.
A Year at a Glance
TCI sold a total of 217,792 Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles in 2016, up 4.2% compared to last year. It was the second-best sales year ever for TCI, led by an annual sales record for trucks, with 128,672 units sold, up 10.8%.
The Toyota division (including Scion) reported sales of 195,283 units, up 4.4% compared to 2015, including the best year ever for Toyota brand truck sales with 112,931, up 10.8% compared to last year.
Lexus also established its best sales year ever with a total of 22,509 luxury vehicles sold, up 2.2% compared to 2015. Lexus brand trucks, reported a best year ever with sales of 15,741 units sold, an increase of 10.9%.
Additional 2016 Highlights
- RAV4 sales, 49,103, up 16.2% (new annual record)
- Highlander sales, 12,964, up 24.5% (new annual record)
- Tacoma sales, 12,618, up 7.2% (new annual record)
- RX sales, 8,147, up 15.3% (2nd best year)
- Prius C sales, 3,135, up 3.5% (new annual record)
TCI December Sales Highlights
- Overall TCI sales, 13,688 units, up 4.5%
- TCI trucks, 9,156 units, up 7.6% (new December record)
- TCI hybrids, 1,367 units, up 86.7% (new December record)
- Toyota division, 11,943 units, up 4.5%
- Toyota trucks, 7,864 units, up 7.5% (new December record)
- Lexus division, 1,745 units, up 4.6% (new December record)
- Lexus trucks, 1,292 units, up 8.6% (new December record)
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. December and year-end 2016 sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 286 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than seven million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.
To unsubscribe or update your profile, please send an email to [email protected].
Toyota Canada Inc. | 1 Toyota Place | Toronto, ON | M1H 1H9 | Canada
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.