- THE VOICE is up 35% over last spring's finale, and was the most-watched final episode in series history -
- Heading into Season 5, THE VOICE gains momentum on CTV with double-digit increases year-over-year -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1923kld
TORONTO, June 19, 2013 /CNW/ - The Season 4 finale of THE VOICE climbed to the top of the charts last night in Canada, winning Tuesday with 1.9 million viewers on CTV. The two-hour finale was the #1 program of the night for total viewers and all key adult demos. The star-studded show peaked at 2.5 million viewers when 16-year old Danielle Bradbery from Team Blake became the Season 4 champion and the competition's youngest winner ever. Returning this fall, last night's episode of THE VOICE ranks as the most-watched finale ever for the series on CTV.
Also to note:
- Last night's finale delivered an impressive 21% share with total viewers, meaning more than one in five English-Canadian viewers watching TV last night were tuned to THE VOICE.
- More than 5.3 million Canadians watched some part of the finale, which saw increases compared to last spring's finale of +35% (P2+); +27% for A25-54; and +17% for A18-49.
- THE VOICE continues to gain momentum in Canada, with results shows growing year-over-year with total viewers (+16%) and all key demos (+23% for A25-54 and +18% for A18-49) on CTV.
- THE VOICE also took social media by storm throughout the season, with close to 5,000 mentions alone of #TheVoice on Twitter in Canada last night.
** Media Note ** Download photos from THE VOICE at BellMediaPR.ca.
Tonight at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV, ETALK brings viewers extensive and exclusive coverage of last night's show, including an interview with winner Danielle Bradbery, coach Blake Shelton, and Oscar®, Grammy®, and Emmy® award-winner Cher, who performed her latest single "Woman's World" on last night's finale.
Viewers can catch up on full episodes of THE VOICE across CTV's digital platforms, including CTV.ca, the CTV App, the CTV Mobile channel on Bell Mobile TV, and through video on demand partners such as Bell Fibe TV following their respective broadcasts.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at ctv.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, 2012-13:9/10/2012 - 6/18/2013 vs. 2011-12: 2/5/2012 - 5/8/2012, overnight vs. overnight
For further information: