RICHMOND, BC, Dec. 3, 2018 /CNW/ - Join YVR and the Rick Hansen Foundation on December 5 as we announce a major accessibility milestone—the first for any airport. The event will include speaking remarks from YVR and the Rick Hansen Foundation, media interview opportunities and highly engaging visuals.
- Craig Richmond, President and CEO, YVR
- Rick Hansen, Founder and CEO, Rick Hansen Foundation
- Brad McCannell, Vice President – Access and Inclusion, Rick Hansen Foundation
The Spirit of Haida Gwaii: The Jade Canoe statue, Departures Level 3, located near the food court in the International Terminal Building, YVR.
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- 09:45 a.m. – Media registration
- 10:00 a.m. – Formal speaking remarks
- 10:30 a.m. – Brief terminal tour to highlight several accessibility features at YVR
- 11:00 a.m. – Event ends
Note for producers: following formal speaking remarks, media will be invited on a brief walking tour of the terminal at 10:30 a.m. to capture additional b-roll and photos and hear from representatives from the Rick Hansen Foundation and the Western Institute for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing on the day's announcement.
Media wishing to attend must RSVP with name and outlet by Wednesday,
SOURCE Vancouver Airport Authority
For further information: YVR Media Relations, 604.880.9815 | [email protected]