NOTE TO EDITORS AND PRODUCERS: We have limited spokesperson availability on Wednesday, July 4 from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m. Please email [email protected] to request an interview if interested.
RICHMOND, BC, July 3, 2018 /CNW/ - At Vancouver International Airport (YVR), we're expecting a daily average of close to 90,000 passengers during the summer period. In an effort to make the travel experience an efficient and stress-free one, YVR offers the following travel tips on how to best prepare and what to expect when travelling through the airport.
- Confirm travel details in advance. Days before your trip, confirm reservations with your airline, and determine baggage specifications and what your airline offers in the way of onboard service.
- When packing, remember that restrictions continue to apply for liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on baggage. These details and a complete list of summer getaway tips from CATSA, including a link to CATSA's app, can be found at catsa-acsta.gc.ca.
- Online check-in is available for most airlines serving YVR. Print your boarding pass before you leave for the airport or have it emailed to your handheld mobile device.
- Leave lots of time - factor in traffic congestion, parking and walking to the terminal.
- CATSA is the agency responsible for security screening. Check their website for up-to-date wait times at catsa-acsta.gc.ca/en/airport/vancouver-international-airport.
- Given recent parking changes at YVR, we recommend having a parking plan and reserving your spot in advance at yvr.ca/parking to guarantee your preferred lot.
- Consider taking the Canada Line to YVR. It's quick and efficient, delivering you to the terminal door in 26 minutes or less.
- Check with your airline and arrive at the recommended time for your flight. This is typically 90 minutes before a domestic flight, two hours before a flight to the U.S. and three hours prior to an international flight.
- Make sure you say hello to the YVR Ambassador Dogs, part of the Less Airport Stress Initiative (LASI). The dogs are around the terminal Mondays through Fridays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and can be easily identified by their YVR branded leashes and St. John Ambulance bandanas.
- Once through security, relax and enjoy a variety of summer activities including live entertainment in the terminal every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- YVR's has more than 170 shops, services and restaurants. For a complete list, visit yvr.ca. Check out YVR Food on the Fly for a broad selection of in-flight food. Your favourite YVR restaurant will package up a meal or snack to take with you on the flight.
- Questions? Keep an eye out for YVR's friendly group of Customer Care employees in blue jackets and Green Coat volunteers.
SOURCE Vancouver Airport Authority
For further information: YVR Media Relations: 604-880-9815, [email protected], www.yvr.ca, Twitter: @yvrairport