RICHMOND, BC, Feb. 28, 2018 /CNW/ - Big parking changes are coming to YVR this week. Passengers are encouraged to do their research and have a parking plan in place before heading to the airport to avoid confusion.
YVR's parking options include:
- Gateway Valet: Premium option with curbside drop-off and pick-up. $43.75 per day or $236.50 per week.
- Parkade: Conveniently located next to the terminal, ideal for hourly and daily parking. Starting at $8.50 per hour or $30.00 per day.
- jetSet Parking: Located minutes from the terminal via complimentary shuttle bus, currently offers our most economical parking option, ideal for long-term parking. $17.50 per day or $112.50 per week with further discounts available for booking online.
- Value Lot: [CLOSING FEB 28th AT MIDNIGHT] Adjacent to the parkade, this option is ideal for long-term parking. Starting at $22.00 per day or $144.00 per week.
- Value Long Term: [OPENING MARCH 1st] Located at Templeton Station on the Canada Line, free travel on Sea Island, this will become our most economical parking option. $15.00 per day or $96.00 per week with further discounts available when booking online.
Those passengers in search of the best parking deal at YVR will now park in our Value Long Term lot and should factor in additional travel time to accommodate for a short train ride from Templeton Station to the terminal.
Please help us spread the word. Here are some tips from YVR:
- Leave extra time as you become familiar with new parking options
- Review yvr.ca/parking for details of all parking options at YVR before setting out for the airport
- Book ahead and enjoy cost savings
- If parking at the new Value Long Term lot, make sure to review the Canada Line train schedule—departing every 7-20 minutes between 5:10am – 1:27 am
- Know if you are arriving during non-scheduled train service. There will be a free shuttle bus that runs outside the Templeton Train Station every 30 minutes or less.
- Know where to go – Value Long Term is located immediately before Templeton Street off of Grant McConachie Way
For more information, please visit the construction section on our website here.
About Vancouver Airport Authority
Vancouver Airport Authority is a community-based, not-for-profit organization that manages Vancouver International Airport (YVR). Canada's second busiest airport, YVR served 24.2 million passengers in 2017. Fifty-six airlines serve YVR, connecting people and businesses to more than 127 non-stop destinations worldwide. In 2016, YVR received CAPA Centre for Aviation's prestigious Airport of the Year Award and was voted Best Airport in North America for the eighth consecutive year in the Skytrax World Airport Awards in 2017. Vancouver Airport Authority is a dedicated community partner and in 2017 donated more than $1,000,000 to local organizations. We are committed to creating an airport that British Columbia can be proud of: a premier global gateway, local economic generator and community contributor.
SOURCE Vancouver Airport Authority
For further information: YVR Media Relations: 604-880-9815, [email protected], www.yvr.ca, Twitter : @yvrairport