TORONTO, Feb. 24, 2015 /CNW/ - Join the Ontario Heritage Trust and the Honourable Elizabeth Dowdeswell as the 2014 Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards are presented at a special ceremony at Queen's Park.
Friday, February 27, 2015
Grand Staircase, Queen's Park
Each year, the Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards celebrate
individuals, groups and communities that have made outstanding contributions to conserving Ontario's heritage. In 2014, the award program was enhanced to focus on leadership, commitment, creativity, positive impact on community and good conservation practices. A new award "Excellence in Conservation" was introduced.
This year's winners are:
Youth achievement - individual / Young Heritage Leaders scholarship
- Mélanie-Rose Frappier (Sudbury )
- Muhammad Qureshi (Mississauga)
Youth achievement - groups
- Huzza for Freedom: Political Cartoons and the War of 1812 Exhibit (Toronto)
- Juno Beach Project (Smiths Falls, Oakville and Owen Sound)
- Métis Nation of Ontario Canoe Expedition (province wide project)
- Bill Darfler (Brantford)
- George Gordon (Oakville)
- Wayne Hunter (Brantford)
- Susan Laing (Clarington)
- William Marks (Bradford West Gwillimbury)
- Patricia Rosebrugh (Waterloo)
- Allan Smith (Grimsby)
- Barbara Weese (Greater Napanee)
Excellence in Conservation
- The City of Barrie and E.R.A. Architects Inc. for restoration of Allandale CNR Station
- John and Josefa Dunstall for restoration of Grimsby Old Firehall
- The City of Mississauga, ATA Architects Inc. and Baker Turner Inc. for rehabilitation of Holcim Waterfront Estate
- Town of Grimsby
- Find out about the award winners in the 2014 Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Award backgrounder.
- Visit www.heritagetrust.on.ca/recognition for information about the recognition program, including how to submit a nomination.
The Ontario Heritage Trust is an agency of the Government of Ontario dedicated to identifying, preserving, protecting and promoting Ontario's heritage.
Aussi disponible en français
SOURCE Ontario Heritage Trust
For further information: Catrina Colme, Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist, Telephone: 416-325-5074, Email: [email protected]