OLG Launches New Daily Lottery Game Offering Two Thrills for $2
TORONTO, Oct. 2, 2012 /CNW/ - MEGADICE LOTTO is "rolling" into lottery retail locations across Ontario today, October 2. The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation's (OLG) New Daily game uses a dice theme and offers players the excitement of a chance to win up to $7,500 instantly when the dice are rolled across the customer display screen at your local retailer and a nightly lottery draw for up to $100,000. There are two chances to win with each $2 MEGADICE LOTTO ticket!
"MEGADICE LOTTO is an exciting new Daily lottery game that gives consumers a thrilling chance to win on the spot and on the nightly lotto draw, all in the same game," said Wendy Montgomery OLG Vice President Lottery Marketing & Sales. "Utilizing our Customer Display Screens at retail, consumers watch and listen to see if the dice rolled form a winning combination to win a prize instantly."
MEGADICE LOTTO uses dice in the place of traditional numbers for the in-store portion of the lotto game and traditional lotto numbers for the nightly draw. With each $2 ticket, players will receive a Quick Pick outcome for seven dice and six lotto numbers. Players will then hold onto their tickets for that evening's draw for $100,000. In order to win the nightly draw, players must match the lotto numbers on their ticket to the numbers drawn.
Unofficial draw results will be announced through OLG.ca, Mobile Alerts and in media outlets across Ontario. For mobile alerts, players can subscribe at https://www.olgmobile.ca. For email alerts, players can subscribe to the Winners Edge email blast at http://profile.olg.ca.
Full game details are available at lottery retailers and on the MEGADICE LOTTO page of www.olg.ca.
OLG is a provincial agency responsible for province-wide lottery games and gaming facilities. Since 1975, OLG lotteries, casinos, slots, and resort casinos have generated more than $34 billion for the benefit of the Province of Ontario. Gaming proceeds support Ontario's hospitals, amateur sport, recreational and cultural activities, communities, provincial priority programs such as health care and education, and local and provincial charities and non-profit organizations through the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
Know your limit, play within it!
THE ONTARIO PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE 1-888-230-3505
Disponible en français
- MEGADICE LOTTO is an exciting new Ontario Daily game that gives players two chances to win for $2.
- MEGADICE LOTTO features an in-store game with an animated roll of the dice plus a nightly six number lotto draw. Both the in-store and lotto portions of the game have their own distinct prize structure.
- Each $2 Quick Pick randomly generates one animated "roll" of a set of seven six-sided dice across the customer display screen on the lottery terminal. If the roll results in a winning combination as per the prize structure, the player instantly wins the corresponding prize. Players can win up to $7,500 on the instant portion.
- Each $2 Quick Pick also gives players an additional chance to win in the nightly lotto draw if the six lotto numbers (from 1 to 39) printed on their ticket match the numbers drawn nightly, as per the prize structure. The top prize for the nightly draw is $100,000.
- MEGADICE LOTTO can be played by Quick Pick only.
- Overall odds of winning a prize with MEGADICE LOTTO are 1 in 3.69. Odds of winning the top lotto prize of $100,000 are 1 in 3.26 million. Odds of winning the top instant prize of $7,500 are 1 in 279,936.
- Advance Play, Repurchase and ENCORE are not available for MEGADICE LOTTO.
- Tickets can be checked in various ways. Customers can check their ticket on the self-serve ticket checker, sign it and give it to an OLG retailer for validation, call the WIN Line at 1-866-891-8946 or check online at OLG.ca. For mobile alerts with winning numbers players can subscribe at https://www.olgmobile.ca
Image with caption: "OLG Launches New MEGADICE LOTTO Daily Game (CNW Group/OLG Winners)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121002_C3494_PHOTO_EN_18745.jpg
SOURCE: OLG Winners
For further information:
For photos or further information, please contact:
OLG Media Relations