– "Project Latte" to feature exclusive past seasons of current hits MASTERS OF SEX, PERSON OF INTEREST, THE FOLLOWING, THE LAST SHIP, GRACELAND, LEGENDS, SALEM, DALLAS, BLUE BLOODS, FRANKLIN AND BASH, HART OF DIXIE, and NURSE JACKIE –
– Additional library titles announced include DAMAGES, THE WEST WING, THE SHIELD, THE L WORD, RESCUE ME, THE OC, WEEDS, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, and more –
– Best of British drama including THE FEAR, THE FALL, and THE HOUR –
– "Project Latte" drama collections to include "Crime & Mystery," "Action & Adventure," and "Teen Drama" –
TORONTO, Dec. 2, 2014 /CNW/ - Bring on the tears, thrills, scandal, and suspense. Bell Media announced today a can't-miss lineup of additional premium Hollywood and British drama programming for its upcoming subscription on-demand video streaming service, code-named "Project Latte," to complement its catalogue of previously announced off-air HBO dramas. With HBO titles comprising only 16% of overall drama content on "Project Latte" at launch, the additional titles announced today embody thousands of additional hours of premium drama programming, representing the best titles from broadcast, cable, and pay networks, including brands such as F/X, BBC, Channel 4, TNT, Bravo, The CW, and CTV, and including previous seasons of Showtime® content. In total, subscribers will have access to more than 90 hit dramas and 3,500 hours of drama programming on Day One. The announcement comes on the eve of a major announcement tomorrow confirming final details for "Project Latte."
In addition to library content for some of the best drama recently seen on television, "Project Latte" will also feature past seasons of some of the most-watched and biggest buzz series currently on TV. It all adds up to dozens of premium, serialized, Golden Globe, Emmy, AFI, TCA, SAG, and BAFTA Award-winning dramas, strategically curated for marathon-watching on "Project Latte."
**Media Note** Photography available online at BellMediaPR.ca.
"We're proud to deliver this comprehensive collection of A-list Hollywood dramas, led by thousands of sticky episodes, exclusively available only on Project Latte," said Mike Cosentino, Senior Vice-President, Programming, Bell Media.
Additional Dramas on "Project Latte":
- "Project Latte" exclusively features past seasons of hit dramas currently seen on television, including the critically acclaimed MASTERS OF SEX and NURSE JACKIE, nominated for more than 30 Golden Globe, SAG, and Emmy Awards.
- Additional exclusive current series titles include hit cable dramas THE LAST SHIP, GRACELAND, SALEM, LEGENDS, DALLAS, and FRANKLIN AND BASH, in addition to multiple Emmy Award-winner HOMELAND.
Off-Air Library Series
- Some of television's most acclaimed recent dramas can also be found on "Project Latte," including FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS and THE WEST WING, Aaron Sorkin's masterpiece that has been described as one of the best-written TV series of all time.
- Other premium off-air titles include DAMAGES, RESCUE ME, WEEDS,
THE L WORD, and THE BIG C.
- New British dramas announced for "Project Latte" today include Bravo's hit series THE FALL, described by the Globe and Mail as "the best British thriller in years."
- Additionally: period drama THE HOUR, acclaimed by The Atlantic as "not the British MAD MEN: it's better"'; as well as Channel 4's gangster drama THE FEAR.
Teen Drama Collection
- "Project Latte's" Teen Drama collection includes current CW hit series REIGN, winner of the 2014 People's Choice Award as "Favourite New Drama," and fellow current CW hit HART OF DIXIE.
- Additional teen titles include pop-culture phenomenon THE O.C. and cult-hit VERONICA MARS.
Crime & Mystery Collection
- For viewers craving the thrill of suspense, "Project Latte" has a lineup of premium past and present hit crime and mystery content including THE SHIELD, the Golden Globe Award-winning Best Drama series named by Time magazine as one of the greatest television series of all time.
- Additional "Crime & Mystery" titles exclusive to "Project Latte" include current Top 20 hits CSI, BLUE BLOODS, and PERSON OF INTEREST, as well as THE FOLLOWING, HOSTAGES, NIKITA, and MOB CITY.
- As previously announced, "Project Latte" will exclusively feature hundreds of hours of premium HBO programming, including the entire off-air library catalogue, including top dramas THE SOPRANOS, SIX FEET UNDER, CARNIVALE, HUNG, DEADWOOD, BIG LOVE, IN TREATMENT, OZ, ROME, and more.
Programming announced today represents content from 20th Century Fox Television Distribution, BBC Worldwide, CBS Studios International, Endemol, Lionsgate, MGM, NBC Universal, Shine Group, Sony Pictures Television, and Warner Bros. International Television Distribution.
Today's announcement is the latest in a series of programming confirmations by Canada's premium subscription on-demand video streaming service, code-named "Project Latte" and set to launch in December. Devoted exclusively to the best content on television, the service will feature thousands of hours of content representing TV's top premium brands, including the entire off-air library of HBO's iconic programming catalogue; an unmatchable comedy slate headlined by SEINFELD and featuring every single episode of MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS; TV programming not found anywhere else in Canada, including MANHATTAN; a Superhero collection headlined by some of the most-watched television programs on air including ARROW and THE FLASH; a Sci-Fi & Fantasy collection led by genre blockbusters ORPHAN BLACK and DOCTOR WHO; and a collection of premium TV programming expressly dedicated to music and its icons. Additional details about "Project Latte" will be announced at a press conference tomorrow.
About "Project Latte"
Created for TV lovers and devoted exclusively to television, "Project Latte" is Canada's premium subscription on-demand video streaming service, providing the most robust lineup of superior television content in the country. From TV's most-acclaimed dramas and beloved comedies to documentaries, music, and factual programming, "Project Latte" will feature more than 10,000 hours of premium non-kids TV programming, with more than 320 unique TV titles at launch, ramping up to more than 600 titles in its first year. Designed to complement traditional television and available to all TV providers, to date "Project Latte" will be offered via set-top box to TELUS Optik TV, Bell Fibe TV, and Bell Aliant FibreOP TV subscribers at launch. The service will also be available via mobile apps, the web, game consoles, and smart TVs. Set to launch later this year, "Project Latte" is from Bell Media, Canada's premier multi-media company.
About Bell Media
With passion and an unrelenting commitment to excellence, Bell Media creates content and builds brands that entertain, inform, engage, and inspire audiences through the platforms of their choice. Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, out-of-home advertising, and digital media. Bell Media owns 30 local television stations led by CTV, Canada's #1 television network; 35 specialty channels, including TSN and RDS, Canada's most-watched specialty channels in English and French; and four pay TV services, including The Movie Network and Super Écran. Bell Media is also Canada's largest radio broadcaster, with 106 licensed radio stations in 54 markets across Canada. Bell Media owns Astral Out-of-Home, one of Canada's most dynamic and innovative out-of-home advertising companies with a network of more than 9,500 advertising faces in Québec, Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia. Bell Media also operates more than 200 websites; delivers TV Everywhere with its innovative GO video streaming services, including CTV GO, TMN GO, and TSN GO; holds an equity stake in digital startup Hubub; is partners in Cirque du Soleil Media, a joint venture with Cirque du Soleil; and owns Dome Productions Inc., a multi-platform production company. Bell Media is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. For more on Bell Media, please visit www.bellmedia.ca.
SOURCE: Bell Media
For further information: Eleni Tenuta, Senior Communications Manager, Eleni.email@example.com or 416.384.3530