RICHMOND, BC, March 15, 2018 /CNW/ - At Vancouver International Airport (YVR), we're expecting a daily average of more than 74,000 passengers during spring break. With recent parking changes combined with these passenger volumes, we encourage everyone to have a transportation plan before heading to the airport.
For those planning to plan to park at YVR, we recommend reserving your spot in advance at yvr.ca/parking to guarantee your preferred lot.
Here are some parking tips from YVR:
- Review yvr.ca/parking for details of all parking options at YVR before setting out for the airport
- Book ahead to enjoy cost savings and guarantee your preferred parking lot
- Leave extra time as our lots will experience peak volumes. There will be extra staff to assist and overflow lots will be available should regular parking options become full
- If parking at the new Value Long Term lot, make sure to review the free Canada Line train schedule—departing every 7-20 minutes between 5:10 am – 1:27 am
- Know if you are arriving during non-scheduled train service. There will be a free shuttle bus that runs outside the Templeton Train Station every 30 minutes or less
- Know where to go – Value Long Term is located immediately before Templeton Street off of Grant McConachie Way
- Consider taking the Canada Line, a short 26-minute train ride from downtown Vancouver
There is spokesperson availability on Thursday March 15, 2:00-3:00 pm and Friday March 16, 9:30-10:30 am. Please email [email protected] to book in an interview time if interested.
Please visit yvr.ca/parking for more information on pricing and parking options.
About Vancouver Airport Authority
Vancouver Airport Authority is a community-based, not-for-profit organization that manages Vancouver International Airport (YVR). Canada's second busiest airport, YVR served 24.2 million passengers in 2017. Fifty-six airlines serve YVR, connecting people and businesses to more than 127 non-stop destinations worldwide. In 2016, YVR received CAPA Centre for Aviation's prestigious Airport of the Year Award and was voted Best Airport in North America for the eighth consecutive year in the Skytrax World Airport Awards in 2017. Vancouver Airport Authority is a dedicated community partner and in 2017 donated more than $1,000,000 to local organizations. We are committed to creating an airport that British Columbia can be proud of: a premier global gateway, local economic generator and community contributor.
SOURCE Vancouver Airport Authority
For further information: YVR Media Relations, 604-880-9815, [email protected], www.yvr.ca, Twitter : @yvrairport