- The new MyFord Touch Guide app offers a convenient way to experience Ford's award-winning SYNC with MyFord Touch system - anywhere, anytime.
- MyFord Touch is an increasingly important feature for consumers, consistently ranking among the top 10 reasons-to-buy for new owners.
- Compatible with Windows, iOS and Android devices, this bilingual app uses advanced avatar and text-to-speech technologies.
OAKVILLE, ON, April 25, 2013 /CNW/ - Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited has officially launched MyFord Touch Guide, a free mobile application that allows current and potential Ford owners the opportunity to discover the automaker's popular SYNC with MyFord Touch system via their smartphone or tablet.
Available for Windows, iOS and Android devices, the MyFord Touch Guide app emulates the actual user experience of the MyFord Touch in-vehicle infotainment system. The app provides a convenient, informative way for consumers to 'test-drive' the basics of the touchscreen and overall system benefits without having to get behind the wheel or travel to a dealership.
"MyFord Touch Guide" and "Guide MyFord Touch (français)" are currently available in both the Apple App Store and Google Play.
The app has two modes:
- Normal mode - users will discover a simulated environment for the Climate, Phone, Entertainment, Navigation, Settings and Info screens.
- Help mode -- along with a Frequently Asked Questions section, help mode highlights certain areas of each menu. When an FAQ or highlighted button is pressed, an avatar appears to explain its functionality using the same advanced, text-to-speech technology used by the in-vehicle voice command system.
"The MyFord Touch Guide app offers busy Canadians the ability to learn the system at their own pace on the devices that they use every day. It's another step further for Ford, as we work to continually simplify the lives of consumers," said Richard Neumann, cross vehicle line and launch manager, Ford of Canada.
Consumers have overwhelmingly embraced Ford's SYNC and SYNC with MyFord Touch system -- more than 600,000 vehicles in Canada now have the in-vehicle technology.
About Ford SYNC with MyFord Touch:
Ford SYNC with MyFord Touch enables multiple vehicle systems to be controlled using voice commands, the steering wheel or the eight-inch touch screen display. Available in English, French and Spanish, the popular in-vehicle technology recognizes more than 10,000 voice commands allowing drivers to keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel. The elements of SYNC with MyFord Touch all combine to create an interactive, rich interface.
About Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited
Ford of Canada's operations include a national headquarters, three regional offices, two branch offices, three vehicle assembly and engine manufacturing plants, and two parts distribution centres. Ford employs approximately 6,000 people in Canada, while an additional 18,000 people are employed in the more than 400 Ford and Ford-Lincoln dealerships across the country. For more information, please visit www.ford.ca.
SOURCE: Ford of Canada
For further information: