TORONTO, Feb. 6, 2012 /CNW/ - Quite often, one of the relationships you depend on the most is neglected. Through thick and thin, good times and bad, sickness and health, this "significant other" is there for you when you need them. Like all strong partnerships, a little effort goes a long way, especially when it comes to your vehicle.
This Valentine's Day, the Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited is reminding Canadians the importance of showing their vehicle tender love and care to ensure a happy, healthy, and long-lasting relationship.
- Keep the wheels of love turning: Be sure to give wheels and tires the attention they deserve.
- Check your tire pressure regularly. Low pressure can result in poor fuel economy, handling, and comfort.
- It's all about balance. Having tires balanced and properly aligned ensures they last longer. It is also good to have tires rotated every 8,000 km to preserve their tread.
- The climate of your relationship is bound to change, much like the changing of the seasons. Tires should match the season you're driving in. Remember, winter tires work best in cold winter conditions.
- Keep that engine humming: Properly caring for your engine will help make sure it gets turned on every time.
- Check your engine oil level frequently. If the level is too high or too low, it can cause problems. Regular oil and filter changes are also very important in maintaining a healthy engine.
- Remember to replace your timing belt in accordance with your vehicle manufacturer's recommendations. Generally, it should be replaced about every 100,000 km.
- Prevent overheating by checking coolant levels often. A cooling system flush and refill should be scheduled every 80,000 to 100,000 km.
- Love that body. Keeping the exterior of your car clean should not be underestimated when it comes to your vehicle maintenance checklist.
- Prevent damaging rust by repairing paint chips and dents as soon as they happen.
- Wash and wax your vehicle regularly to prevent paint from fading and dulling.
- Enlist a third party if necessary. Even the strongest relationships require a little help from time to time.
- Relationship counsellors and mechanics are one and the same. If things don't feel right, don't try and ride it out. Take your vehicle to your dealership on a regular basis to make sure things are running smoothly. Ford mechanics are factory-trained experts and can mediate and help solve any situation you may encounter with your vehicle.
Looking for a new partner to own the road with? Here are some qualities you should keep in mind:
- Communication is key: Open lines of communication in relationships are of the utmost importance. The latest SYNC technology from Ford, will help you focus on the drive while keeping the lines of communication open with hands-free calling, audible text messaging and voice activated music to ensure driving safety, and satisfaction.
- Unwavering trust and loyalty: Ford offers the latest in convenience technologies, making it easy to trust your vehicle. The Terrain Management System optimizes driveability and comfort as well as maximizing traction and Active park assist will help you get into those tricky parking spaces.
For further information: