MONTRÉAL, June 22, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Devimco Immobilier and the Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ have launched L'Hexagone 2, a new residential rental project in Montréal's Griffintown. Forming a part of District Griffin, the building recently broke ground and will be ready for occupancy in spring 2019.
The project in brief:
- 28,000 ft2 lot;
- Construction of a new 22-storey residential rental tower next to L'Hexagone (1), which offers 257 apartments over 15 floors;
- L'Hexagone 2 will offer 320 studios, 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom units;
- 22,500 ft2 of commercial space on the ground floor;
- 167 indoor parking spaces and common spaces, including a large lobby, a lounge, an outdoor pool and a spacious terrace;
- 24/7 security;
- Property management by Cogir immobilier.
- Part of the District Griffin project, L'Hexagone 2 offers many advantages, including an unbeatable location;
- Located at the corner of Smith and Murray Streets, in the Griffintown neighbourhood;
- Views of downtown Montréal, Old Montréal, the St. Lawrence River and the Lachine Canal;
- Buses nearby;
- BIXI bike sharing stations within walking distance;
- Easy access to the Bonaventure and Ville-Marie expressways, and to Champlain Bridge.
"We're delighted to capitalize on the success of District Griffin's first rental tower, L'Hexagone (I), which was highly successful during it's first year after its launch with a high occupancy rate, clearly attesting to the quality of the product and the neighbourhood's appeal. This second phase will help address the shortage of quality dwellings in this part of the city. Our $4.8 million investment will greatly expand the rental offer, not to mention create over 600 jobs."
Normand Bélanger, President and Chief Executive Officer, Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ
"Choosing District Griffin means choosing to live in a charming, vibrant neighbourhood that is undergoing a massive transformation and that is within easy reach of services and downtown. Our goal when designing these two phases of L'Hexagone was to create a haven for Montrealers, cyclists, runners and hikers by building near Old Montréal, the Lachine Canal and the Atwater market. We're proud to partner with the Fonds immobilier to diversify the housing offer in this highly sought after Montréal neighbourhood."
Serge Goulet, President, Devimco Immobilier
Devimco Immobilier is a leading real estate developer in Québec known for building large-scale lifestyle complexes that combine commercial, office, recreation and residential components. Devimco's projects offer unique living environments that respond to the needs of local residents.
About Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ
The Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ promotes economic growth and employment in Québec by strategically investing in profitable and socially responsible real estate projects in partnership with other industry leaders. At December 31, 2016, the Fonds immobilier had 48 projects with a combined value of $2.9 billion in progress that will create some 24,000 jobs, along with 41 properties under management, 17 million square feet of land slated for development and $59 million invested in affordable, social and community housing. The Fonds immobilier is a member of the Canada Green Building Council.
SOURCE Fonds de solidarité FTQ
For further information: Information: Brigitte Pouliot, Director, Marketing and Procurement, Cogir Immobilier, Tel. : 450-766-2457 / Cell. : 438-869-6390, email@example.com; Josée Lagacé, Director, Communications and Marketing, Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ, Tel.: 514 847-5710 / Cell.: 514 707-5180, firstname.lastname@example.org