Fans Invited to Rally Behind #WeTheNorth at 33 Theatres from St. John's to Vancouver
TORONTO, May 29, 2019 /CNW/ - (TSX:CGX) - Cineplex, one of Canada's leading entertainment and media companies, and Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment ("MLSE") have once again teamed up as part of their ongoing partnership to bring #WeTheNorth fever to Raptors fans across the country.
Coinciding with the start of the series tomorrow, 33 Cineplex theatres from coast-to-coast will host Raptors viewing parties to celebrate the team's historic entrance into the 2019 NBA Finals. Canadian fans are invited to unite and rally behind the Raptors as they face-off against the Golden State Warriors, live on the big screen, for an immersive experience you could only get courtside at the game.
Tickets to the first four games of the series will be available in-person at participating theatre box offices starting today – Wednesday, May 29, at 6:00pm local time. All Raptors viewing parties are free and limited to two tickets per person, per game.
Participating theatres hosting Raptors viewing parties include:
- Cineplex Cinemas Trinity Drive (NB)
- Cineplex Cinemas Park Lane (NS)
- Cineplex Cinemas Mount Pearl (NFLD)
- Cinéma Cineplex Odeon Quartier Latin
- Cinéma Cineplex Quartier Cavendish
- Cineplex Cinemas Winston Churchill
- Cineplex Cinemas Courtney Park
- SilverCity Newmarket Cinemas
- Cineplex Odeon South Keys Cinemas
- Galaxy Cinemas Barrie
- Cineplex Odeon Niagara Square Cinemas
- Galaxy Cinemas Peterborough
- Galaxy Cinemas Guelph
- SilverCity Sudbury Cinemas
- SilverCity Thunder Bay Cinemas
- SilverCity Windsor Cinemas
- SilverCity Burlington Cinemas
- Scotiabank Theatre Ottawa
- Cineplex Cinemas Vaughan
- Cineplex Odeon Ajax Cinemas
- Cineplex Cinemas Normanview (SK)
- Scotiabank Theatre Saskatoon and VIP (SK)
- Cineplex Odeon McGillivray Cinemas and VIP (MB)
- Scotiabank Theatre Winnipeg (MB)
- Cineplex Odeon Eau Claire Market Cinemas
- Scotiabank Theatre Chinook
- Cineplex Odeon South Edmonton Cinemas
- Scotiabank Theatre Edmonton
- Cineplex Odeon Park & Tilford Cinemas
- Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
- Cineplex Cinemas Langley
- SilverCity Riverport Cinemas
- SilverCity Victoria Cinemas
The 2019 NBA Finals will be screened as part of Cineplex Events' specialty programming and is one of many live sporting events that have appeared on the big screen, including the NBA Playoffs in 2016. MLSE and Cineplex, through its esports division WorldGaming Network, have also partnered to engage with NBA 2K players and fans locally in Toronto and across Canada through online and in-person gaming tournaments. Guests are encouraged to visit Cineplex.com/Events for more information and to view a list of upcoming sports, concerts, music, exclusive performances and classic film favourites available at their local theatres.
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada's largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada's newest destination for 'Eats & Entertainment' (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
For further information: Cineplex Media Relations contacts: Tiana McPhee, Associate, Communications and Investor Relations, [email protected], 416-323-7479; Sarah Van Lange, Executive Director, Communications, [email protected], 416-323-6728; MLSE Media Relations contact: Charzie Abendanio, Manager, Corporate Communications, [email protected], 416-815-5455