Now offering the chance to win a $2 MILLION jackpot with just a loonie!
TORONTO, May 5, 2014 /CNW/ - There are now more ways to win with ONTARIO 49, including new prizes both big and small, and better odds of winning! The first draw of the refreshed ONTARIO 49, offering a NEW $2 million jackpot, will be held on Wednesday, May 7, 2014.
"Change is good! That loonie that's tucked in your pocket or hiding under the couch cushions could win you a $2 million jackpot!" said Wendy Montgomery, OLG Vice President, Lottery Marketing & Sales. "Now better than ever with improved prizing and more ways to win, ONTARIO 49 offers a life-enhancing jackpot for a modest price."
In addition to the $2 million jackpot that's twice as big as before, ONTARIO 49 offers other great enhancements!
- Bigger Secondary Prize: A $10 prize instead of $5 for matching 3 of 6 numbers.
- New $3 Prize: A new $3 prize for matching 2 numbers plus the bonus number.
- Free Play: A new Free Play prize for matching 2 of 6 numbers.
- Better Odds: The overall odds of winning any prize improve from 1 in 54 to just 1 in 6.6.
To support these offerings ONTARIO 49 will be priced at $1 per play. For one loonie, players are going to see more ways to win and better value overall than the previous game structure offered.
How to Play:
- Choose six numbers from 1 to 49 or ask your lottery retailer for a Quick Pick.
- Match six of six numbers to win the $2 million jackpot.
- Draws take place every Wednesday and Saturday.
- Tickets are sold until 9 p.m. (Eastern Time) on draw nights.
For more information about ONTARIO 49, please visit olg.ca and click on Lotteries.
OLG is a provincial agency responsible for province-wide lottery games and gaming facilities. Since 1975, OLG has provided nearly $38 billion to the Province and the people of Ontario. OLG's annual payments to the Province have helped support health care; education, research, prevention and treatment of problem gambling; amateur sport through the Quest for Gold program; and local and provincial charities.
"Know your limit. Play within it."
THE ONTARIO PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE 1-888-230-3505
Disponible en français
Image with caption: "Change is good for ONTARIO 49 (CNW Group/OLG)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140505_C6535_PHOTO_EN_39931.jpg
For further information:
OLG Media Relations