TORONTO, Aug. 11, 2017 /CNW/ - The Ontario Heritage Trust is seeking nominations for the 2017 Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards and Young Heritage Leaders program. The Trust's recognition programs recognize and celebrate outstanding contributions by people whose leadership, commitment and creativity made a difference to their community, region or to the province. The nomination deadline is September 30, 2017.
The Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards applauds achievements in four categories:
- Youth Achievement: recognizes exceptional heritage contributions by young individuals and groups, age 24 and under. The individual award includes a $2,000 post-secondary scholarship, jointly funded by Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life.
- Lifetime Achievement: recognizes outstanding volunteer heritage contributions by an individual over a period of 25 years or more.
- Excellence in Conservation: recognizes individuals, groups, organizations and communities for exceptional achievements through the completion of a specific heritage conservation project.
- Community Leadership: recognizes exemplary leadership by a community in heritage conservation and promotion.
In addition, young volunteers may be nominated through the Trust's Young Heritage Leaders program. Since 2000, hundreds of youth have been recognized for their efforts to identify, preserve, protect and promote Ontario's heritage. Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life are proud sponsors of the Young Heritage Leaders program.
- 11 Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards – representing 310 individuals, one community and five projects – were presented for outstanding achievements to conserving Ontario's heritage in 2016.
- 98 youth were recognized through Young Heritage Leaders for their volunteer contributions in 2016.
- Visit heritagetrust.on.ca/recognition for nomination forms and program guidelines.
- Watch this video about the Young Heritage Leaders program and scholarship.
- See this backgrounder about the achievements of last year's recipients of the Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards.
The Ontario Heritage Trust is an agency of the Government of Ontario dedicated to identifying, preserving, protecting and promoting Ontario's heritage.
Aussi disponible en français
SOURCE Ontario Heritage Trust
For further information: For more information about the Trust's recognition programs, contact Oksana Kravets at 416-325-5032 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life, contact Tim Oracheski, Director, Media & Public Relations at 204-946-8961 or email@example.com