TORONTO, July 17, 2015 /CNW/ - The Ontario Heritage Trust is seeking nominations to the Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards and Young Heritage Leaders – its annual recognition programs celebrating contributions to heritage conservation. The nomination deadline is September 30, 2015.
Through the Trust's recognition programs, individuals, groups and communities are recognized for demonstrating leadership, commitment, creativity, positive impact on their community and good conservation practices.
The Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards are awarded in four categories:
- Excellence in Conservation: recognizes individuals, groups, organizations and communities for exceptional achievements through the completion of a specific conservation project.
- Community Leadership: recognizes exemplary leadership by a community in heritage conservation and promotion.
- Lifetime Achievement: recognizes outstanding volunteer contributions by an individual over a period of 25 years or more.
- Youth Achievement: recognizes exceptional contributions by young individuals and groups, age 24 and under. The individual recipient also receives the $2,000 Young Heritage Leaders post-secondary scholarship, jointly funded by the Ontario Heritage Trust and Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life.
In addition, young volunteers may be nominated for recognition through the Trust's Young Heritage Leaders program. Since 2000, hundreds of youth have been recognized through the program for their efforts to identify, preserve, protect and promote Ontario's heritage. Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life have supported Young Heritage Leaders since the inception of the program.
- 22 Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards – representing 335 individuals, one community and three projects – were presented for outstanding achievements to conserving Ontario's heritage in 2014.
- 195 youth were recognized through Young Heritage Leaders for their volunteer contributions in 2014.
- Visit www.heritagetrust.on.ca/recognition for nomination forms and program guidelines.
- To learn more about the achievements of last year's recipients of the Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Awards, see this backgrounder.
The Ontario Heritage Trust is an agency of the Government of Ontario dedicated to identifying, preserving, protecting and promoting Ontario's heritage.
Aussi disponible en français
SOURCE Ontario Heritage Trust
For further information: about the Trust's recognition programs, contact Catrina Colme at 416-325-5074 or [email protected] For more information about Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life, contact Marlene Klassen, Assistant Vice-President, Communication Services, at 204-946-7705 or [email protected]