- Campaign rolls out across broadcast, digital, and radio properties including ETALK, Space, 104.5 CHUM FM, and select Virgin Radio stations -
-ETALK delivers exclusive contest with grand prize of tickets to the film's U.K. premiere on March 22 -
Tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1R9o36P
TORONTO, March 10, 2016 /CNW/ - Bell Media announced today it has partnered with Warner Bros. Pictures Canada to deliver a multi-platform, multi-network campaign to promote the theatrical release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, premiering Friday, March 25. Participating Bell Media programs and properties include ETALK, INNERSPACE, MUCH, Space, TSN, 104.5 CHUM FM, 94.5 Virgin Radio Vancouver, 99.9 Virgin Radio Toronto, and Virgin Radio 96 in Montréal.
The campaign is highlighted by an exclusive ETALK contest, which features a grand prize of a trip for two to London, England to attend the U.K. premiere screening on Tuesday, March 22, in advance of the theatrical release on March 25. Fans can visit ukpremierecontest.ca for contest details and to watch the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer. Bell Media is the only broadcaster in Canada offering fans a chance to win tickets to the screening. The campaign, which began Feb. 19, runs until the film's March 25 release date, and also includes in-show mentions, promo spots, giveaways, and an additional contest at Space.ca.
"The highly anticipated Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is positioned to be one of the biggest films this year, and we're proud that our ongoing partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures Canada continues to deliver direct access to such blockbuster films," Laird White, Director, Brand Partnerships. "We have teamed up for a holistic, cross-platform partnership that will provide viewers with engaging content, exciting contests, and targeted media coverage leading up to the film's theatrical release."
From director Zack Snyder (Man of Steel) comes Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, starring Oscar winner Ben Affleck (Argo) as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Henry Cavill (Man of Steel, The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) as Superman/Clark Kent in the characters' first big-screen pairing. Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City's own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis' most-revered, modern-day saviour, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it has ever known before.
The multi-platform and multi-network campaign includes:
ETALK Editorial Coverage
- Editorial coverage for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice began on ETALK on March 1 and continues through to the film's March 25 release, with daily stories and promotion of the U.K. premiere contest. ETALK Anchor Ben Mulroney and Senior Reporter Devon Soltendieck face-off in their own Batman v Superman challenges, with additional coverage featuring interviews with the all-star cast, including exclusive tune-in spots with Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill. ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO; 7:30 p.m. ET/PT on CTV Two and CTV GO
Original INNERSPACE Special
- The exclusive half-hour special INNERSPACE: BATMAN V SUPERMAN, premiering on Friday, March 25 at 5:30 p.m. ET on Space, features all the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice action and insider info, including interviews with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and the rest of the cast. INNERSPACE also counts down the most memorable battles from past Batman and Superman comics.
Space.ca Coin Contest
- The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Coin Contest, hosted on Space.ca, features a grand prize of a 14 Karat gold coin, a set of limited edition silver (99.99% pure silver) coins, and a base-metal coin and collector card set provided by the Royal Canadian Mint. A 30-second ad promoting the contest will air March 11-25, in addition to a social media campaign on Space's Facebook and Instagram.
TSN March Madness Sponsor
- The film is a premiere sponsor of TSN's March Madness coverage. This includes sponsorship of TSN's NCAA Tournament Challenge bracket game, with a custom co-branded spot featuring "Bruce" vs. "Clark." It also includes two integrated openings before pivotal March Madness games on TSN.
- MUCH MINUTE: Batman V Superman, a series of interstitials about the film, air March 21-25, during MUCH's most highly rated programming. Hosted, by Tyrone Edwards, the interstitials will highlight interviews with the cast of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice from the worldwide press junket.
Bell Media Radio Content
- Exclusive content across Bell Media radio stations includes CHUM FM's live broadcast from the Batmobile at the 2016 Canadian International Autoshow on Saturday, Feb. 20. In the weeks leading up to the Autoshow, CHUM FM-featured ads that encouraged listeners to come and see the Batmobile and enter to win a trip for two to the North American premiere on March 20.
- Virgin radio stations in Toronto, Montréal, and Vancouver will be giving away passes to an advanced screening of the film prior to opening day. In addition, Warner Bros. will sponsor ETALK Entertainment Updates on CHUM FM, in support of the U.K. Premiere contest.
About Bell Media
With passion and an unrelenting commitment to excellence, Bell Media creates content and builds brands that entertain, inform, engage, and inspire audiences through the platforms of their choice. Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, out-of-home advertising, and digital media. Bell Media owns 30 local television stations led by CTV, Canada's #1 television network; 34 specialty channels, including TSN and RDS, Canada's most-watched specialty channels in English and French; and four pay TV services, including The Movie Network and Super Écran. Bell Media is also Canada's largest radio broadcaster, with 106 licensed radio stations in 54 markets across Canada. Bell Media owns Astral Out of Home, one of Canada's most dynamic and innovative out-of-home advertising companies with a network of more than 30,000 advertising faces in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Québec, and Nova Scotia. Bell Media also operates more than 200 websites; delivers TV Everywhere with premium subscription on-demand streaming service CraveTV, as well as its innovative GO video streaming services including CTV GO, Discovery GO, TMN GO, and TSN GO; operates multi-channel network Much Digital Studios; holds an equity stake in digital startup Hubub; is partners in Cirque du Soleil Media, a joint venture with Cirque du Soleil; and owns Dome Productions Inc., a multi-platform production company. Bell Media is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. For more on Bell Media, please visit www.bellmedia.ca.
SOURCE Bell Media
For further information:
Eleni Tenuta, Bell Media, 416-384.3530 or [email protected]