– CTV's critically acclaimed original drama series CARDINAL leads Bell Media productions
with 14 nominations –
– Crave original programming garners 18 nominations, led by LETTERKENNY;
Space's WYNONNA EARP earns eight nominations while KILLJOYS and
CTV's THE AMAZING RACE CANADA each receive six nods –
– CTV News earns 15 nominations, including Best National Newscast, Best Local Newscast,
Best News Anchor, and Best News or Information Series –
– TSN leads all sports broadcasters combined with 18 nominations for live sports coverage and feature programming –
– Bell Media Studios-produced programming earns 13 nods –
– Discovery Networks score five nominations for programming including hit series
HIGHWAY THRU HELL and HEAVY RESCUE: 401 –
– 72 nominations for films supported by Bell Media –
TORONTO, Feb. 7, 2019 /CNW/ - Bell Media applauds its production partners, internal team members, talent, and all those involved in the creation of the productions nominated for the 2019 Canadian Screen Awards. Announced earlier today, Bell Media garnered 181 total nominations, comprising 111 television and digital nominations and 72 nominations for Bell Media-supported films. CTV is the proud Premium Partner of the Canadian Screen Awards, and the title sponsor of the Non-Fiction Programming and Creative Fiction Storytelling galas.
"Congratulations to the talented teams involved in the astounding 183 nominations recognized by the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television," said Randy Lennox, President, Bell Media. "These nominations mark another banner year of stellar Canadian programs and films and further attest to Bell Media's lineup of quality and original Canadian productions. We are proud to work alongside the best creators in the industry, both within Bell Media and among Canada's independent production companies."
To view full the press release and Bell Media's list of nominations, click here.
SOURCE Bell Media
For further information: Renee Dupuis-Macht, Bell Media, Renee.DupuisMacht@bellmedia.ca or 416.384.3154; Elysia Circelli, Bell Media, Elysia.Circelli@bellmedia.ca or 416.384.5166