– CTV's hit original series CARDINAL ties for most wins of any TV series with seven awards, including Best Limited Series –
– Crave Original Series LETTERKENNY and CTV's THE AMAZING RACE CANADA win five awards each –
– ANTHROPOCENE: THE HUMAN EPOCH and YOU ARE HERE: A COME FROM AWAY STORY lock up top documentary awards –
– CTV NATIONAL NEWS WITH LISA LAFLAMME wins Best National Newscast while TSN once again leads all sports broadcasters combined with seven wins –
– Films supported by Bell Media take home 21 wins, including Best Motion Picture for A Colony | Une colonie –
TORONTO, April 1, 2019 /CNW/ - Bell Media applauds its production partners, team members, and talent on their outstanding achievements at the 2019 Canadian Screen Awards. Securing a total of 55 awards across television, film, and digital during Canadian Screen Week, Bell Media continues to be recognized for its championing of remarkable original Canadian content.
Bell Media and its partners won more awards than any other broadcaster at last night's closing gala, including acting category wins for CARDINAL and LETTERKENNY, and Best Reality/Competition Program or Series for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA.
Overall, Bell Media was recognized with 34 Canadian Screen Awards in television and digital categories, more than any other private broadcaster, while Bell Media-supported films captured 21 additional awards.
"It has be a phenomenal year for original Canadian content and we are incredibly proud of our Bell Media team and partners who continue to deliver outstanding series and films for Canadian audiences and beyond," said Randy Lennox, President, Bell Media. "We extend our warmest congratulations to all our winners and nominees across the various categories. And to Beth Janson and the stellar team at the Academy, congratulations on another phenomenal Canadian Screen Week and Awards."
For the complete press release please visit: https://thelede.ca/2UezoAx
SOURCE Bell Media