TORONTO, Aug. 23, 2017 /CNW/ - (TSX: CGX) – The Edmonton community now has a new hot-spot for 'Eats and Entertainment,' with the opening of the city's second location of The Rec Room at West Edmonton Mall. Located on the second level of the south-west side of the shopping centre, The Rec Room brings together incredible dining experiences with exciting live entertainment and amusement gaming experiences, all under one roof. West Edmonton Mall attracts more than 30 million visitors every year, making it the perfect complex for Canada's newest location of The Rec Room and the destination for tourists and local residents alike looking for food and fun.
A destination that puts food first, The Rec Room serves the very best in wood-fired, Canadian-inspired cuisine that has the perfect pairing for any occasion.
- Three10 is an upscale casual restaurant that is playfully named after Canada's three territories and 10 provinces. Its menu features familiar items that have been elevated and transformed through fresh ingredients and innovative cooking techniques. Fun fact: Three10 has a wood-fired, dual pizza oven imported from Italy that cooks a pizza in 90 seconds.
- The Shed is The Rec Room's quick service destination that includes a custom donut bar, as well as a poutinerie that serves delectable toppings like smoked brisket, lobster and wild mushrooms.
- In addition to spirits and cocktails, multiple bars throughout the space serve six draught wines and over 24 draught beers.
- Hosting a private meeting, corporate event or holiday party? The Rec Room space can be customized for any occasion, with three private rooms for parties and events. Whether you're hosting a gathering of 20 friends or a launch party with 1,000 guests, The Rec Room's delicious food and massive entertainment area strike the perfect balance between work and play.
The Rec Room is the social playground for anyone, and everyone – there's always something going on to make things a little more interesting.
- The Rec Room features a huge attractions area called The Yard where Edmonton game-lovers can play over 90 amusement games. Credits and points earned are tracked on RFID bracelets and can be redeemed at The Trophy Case redemption store for a wide array of prizes – everything from retro candy to drones, whisky stones to portable speakers!
- The Rec Room features a state-of-the-art virtual reality arcade from Ctrl V, a multi-sports simulator, and an augmented climbing wall, as well as favourites like shuffleboard, billiards, air hockey and ping pong.
- Offering both live and programmed entertainment, visitors at The Rec Room can look forward to musical acts, bands and comedians, and a dance floor.
- Don't have tickets to catch the big game in-person? Watch it here on over 75 (seriously) big screens, or the large format 250' projection screen in The Hall. Gamification is also an integral part of The Rec Room and its Gameboard App enables visitors to play games, interact and participate in a fantasy league while inside the complex.
- In addition to redemption opportunities and promotions throughout The Rec Room, guests can also earn SCENE points on food and fun.
The Rec Room is part of Cineplex, one of Canada's leading entertainment and media companies, and leverages its existing industry-leading entertainment, amusement gaming, food service, content creation, digital media and operational capabilities. Cineplex plans to open 10-15 new locations of The Rec Room over the coming years, each ranging in size from 40,000-60,000 square feet and customized to the individual community. Locations are now open in South Edmonton and Toronto, with plans announced for complexes in London (ON), Mississauga (ON), Calgary (AB) and Vancouver (BC). The Rec Room at West Edmonton Mall has created 400 permanent jobs for the Edmonton community. For more information, visit TheRecRoom.com.
About The Rec Room
The Rec Room is Canada's premier 'Eats & Entertainment' destination that brings together incredible dining, amusement gaming, technology and live entertainment experiences all under one roof. Part of Cineplex, The Rec Room is a premier social destination and the ultimate gathering spot for corporate events, groups and parties. While each location is customized to the individual community, The Rec Room concept features multiple dining environments and a wide range of entertainment options including a large amusement games area featuring state-of-the-art simulation, feature attractions and redemption games as well as an auditorium-style space perfect for musical acts, bands and comedians. For more information, visit TheRecRoom.com or follow the action on social media through Facebook (TheRecRoomWEM), Twitter (@TheRecRoomCA), Snapchat (@TheRecRoomCA) and Instagram (@TheRecRoomCA).
A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada's largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 75 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). It also operates a location based entertainment business through Canada's newest destination for 'Eats & Entertainment' (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new sports and entertainment complexes in communities across the country (Topgolf). Additionally, Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs over 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
For further information: Media Relations contact: Sarah Van Lange, Director, Communications, Sarah.VanLange@Cineplex.com, 647-287-9582; Investor Relations contact: Pat Marshall, Vice President, Communications and Investor Relations, Pat.Marshall@Cineplex.com, 416-323-6648