OTTAWA, Jan. 4, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Ringing in the new year with a new name, Canada's Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies (Rx&D) is changing its brand to become Innovative Medicines Canada to better reflect its values and mandate.
"Our everyday work is reflected in our new brand, and we're very excited to unveil this new name to Canadians," said Russell Williams, President of Innovative Medicines Canada. "Innovation is not only what we do, but also how we do things. Along with our members, we are pushing the boundaries in how we deal with illnesses, how we work with our partners and how we demonstrate the value of innovative medicines and vaccines."
Following an extensive consultation and engagement with key stakeholders and partners in the life sciences community, Rx&D developed a new brand that better aligns with its values and work and resonates with all partners.
"We underwent a full research process to find a brand identity that would resonate with our entire -audience, and would reflect both who we are and who we want to be," said Michael Tremblay, Chair of the Innovative Medicines Canada Board of Directors. "It was truly a collaborative effort between everyone in our community, and we are very proud of this inclusive and creative process."
Taking effect on January 4, 2016, the Innovative Medicines Canada name will better reflect the association's values:
- We work to ensure Canadians should have access to the innovative treatments they need;
- We work tirelessly to discovering innovative treatments that help Canadians live longer, healthier lives;
- We work diligently to balanced patented medicines regulations that are predictable and equitable for innovators;
- We work to set high standards for ethical and open practices that respect the relationships between our employees, the life sciences sector, healthcare professionals and the Canadian public; and
- We work with all healthcare partners to provide Canadians with the information and tools they need to safely and effectively take their medicines
As our organization moves forward, Innovative Medicines Canada looks forward to continue working with all partners within the Canadian healthcare system and ensuring Canadians have access to innovative medicines and vaccines.
ABOUT INNOVATIVE MEDICINES CANADA
Innovative Medicines Canada is the national voice of Canada's innovative pharmaceutical industry. We advocate for policies that enable the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative medicines and vaccines that improve the lives of all Canadians. We support our members' commitment to being valued partners in the Canadian healthcare system.
SOURCE Innovative Medicines Canada
For further information: Sarah Douglas, Media Relations, Telephone: 613-883-7250, E-mail: [email protected]