MONTREAL, Feb. 25 /CNW Telbec/ -
- VIA Rail Canada's Train 15, which left Halifax on Wednesday February 24
at 12:30 pm (ET) en route to Montreal, derailed at 4:45 am (ET) on
February 25, 2010 at Saint-Charles-de-Bellechasse, 25 kilometres east
of Québec City.
- There were 120 passengers and 10 crew members onboard.
- According to preliminary reports, four people with minor injuries were
transported to hospital.
- There were 2 locomotives and 7 passengers cars on the train.
- All passengers are being transferred by motorcoach to their final
- VIA has activated a toll-free number for friends or family members
looking for information on passengers travelling on the train:
1 877 747-0707.
- All other VIA trains are operating normally.
For more information, customers can call 1 888 VIA-RAIL (1 888 842-7245)
VIA will issue further updates as more information is available.
SOURCE VIA Rail Canada Inc.
For further information: For further information: Media: 1-877-393-8787