TORONTO, Dec. 14, 2013 /CNW/ - A whopping $100 million is up for grabs next weekend with LOTTO MAX. The draw on Friday, December 20, 2013 will offer an estimated $50 million jackpot plus an estimated 50 MAXMILLIONS prizes of $1 million each.
Last night's draw produced a bevy of winning tickets across the province:
- There were four MAXMILLIONS tickets sold in Ontario. The tickets were sold in:
- Hamilton, worth $1 million
- Mississauga, worth $500,000 (shared with a ticket sold in another province)
- Ottawa region, worth $1 million
- Sault Ste. Marie, worth $500,000 (shared with a ticket sold in another province)
- Two tickets, worth $355,208.70 each, share in the second prize pool. The tickets were sold in:
- Ottawa region
- Five ENCORE tickets, worth $100,000 each, were sold in:
- Owen Sound region (two tickets sold)
- St. Thomas
Since its launch in September 2009, Ontario LOTTO MAX players have won over $1.9 billion in prizes, including 31 jackpot wins and 172 winning MAXMILLIONS tickets from all across the province.
For each $5 play, LOTTO MAX players receive three sets of seven numbers ranging from one to forty-nine. Players must match all seven numbers, in any one set, to win the jackpot and the MAXMILLIONS prizes.
Players can purchase tickets at authorized OLG retailers until 9 p.m. Friday, December 20, 2013 for the draw that evening.
OLG is a provincial agency responsible for province-wide lottery games and gaming facilities. Since 1975, OLG has provided nearly $38 billion to the Province and the people of Ontario. OLG's annual payments to the Province have helped support health care; education, research, prevention and treatment of problem gambling; amateur sport through the QUEST FOR GOLD program; and local and provincial charities.
OLG is modernizing Lottery and Gaming for a better Ontario
Follow us on Twitter @modern_olg
"Know Your Limit. Play Within it"
THE ONTARIO PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE 1-888-230-3505
Disponible en français
For further information:
OLG MEDIA RELATIONS