- Lexus June sales up 18.2% over 2013
- June sales records for Toyota Highlander and Highlander Hybrid
TORONTO, July 2, 2014 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 18,729 vehicles in June, up 2.1% versus last year. Sales for the first half of the year reached 100,635, up 3.6% compared to the first six months of 2013.
It was the best June ever for TCI truck sales, with 9,002 units sold, up 3.3% compared to 2013. Highlights included a June record for sales of the Highlander with 1,033 vehicles, up 68% and Highlander Hybrid with 171 units, up 92.1%.
Lexus sales in June of 1,521 rose 18.3% over 2013, bringing the total for the first half of the year to 8,426, up 16.6%.
Toyota sales highlights for June 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Toyota sales: 16,760 (up 0.8%)
- Passenger car sales: 8,507
- Corolla sales: 4,656 (up 18.3%)
- Yaris sales: 859 (up 2%)
- Truck sales: 8,253 (up 3.1%) :: New June record :: second straight month of record sales
- Highlander sales: 1,033 (up 68%) :: New June record
- Highlander Hybrid sales: 171 (up 92.1%) :: New June record
- Tundra sales: 922 (up 53.9%)
- 4Runner sales: 289 (up 30.2%)
Lexus sales highlights for June 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Lexus sales: 1,521 (up 18.3%)
- Luxury car sales: 772 (up 33.6%)
- IS sales: 354 (up 200%)
- LS sales: 20 (up 17.6%)
- CT sales: 92 (up 5.7%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 749 (up 5.8%)
- GX sales: 64 (up 204.8%)
- RXh sales: 65 (up 41.3%)
Scion sales highlights for June 2014 (versus 2013)
- Scion sales: 448 (up 4.9%)
- tC sales: 127 (up 36.6%)
- xB sales: 69 (up 23.2%)
- xD sales: 23 (up 21.1%)
Please <click here> for full Toyota Canada Inc. June sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Incorporated in 1964, Toyota has sold more than 4 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCIÕs head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Cambridge (TMMC) also manufactures the Toyota RAV4 EV for the North American market. TMMC is the only Toyota manufacturer in North America to assemble both hybrid and electric vehicles.
SOURCE: Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.