- Best March ever for Lexus: second consecutive monthly record
- Toyota Highlander, Toyota Tundra and Lexus IS set March records
TORONTO, April 1, 2014 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 17,397 vehicles this month, up 6.8% versus 2013. That brings total sales for the first quarter of the year to 38,778, up 6.2%, with increases for cars up 14.9% and trucks up 2.2%.
Key highlights for Toyota included March records for the all-new 2014 Toyota Highlander up 67.4% and the Toyota Tundra up 96.2%.
Lexus continued to demonstrate strong sales with new March records including a best-ever March for Lexus up 30.5%.
Toyota sales highlights for March 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Toyota sales: 15,509 (up 5.9%) :: 34,600 in first quarter (5.8%)
- Passenger car sales: 7,809 (up 15.4%)
- Corolla sales: 4,321 (up 36.8%)
- Camry sales: 1,211 (up 21.7%)
- Truck sales: 7,700 :: 18,212 in first quarter (up 10%)
- Sequoia sales: 105 (up 105.9%)
- Tundra sales: 993 (up 96.2%) :: New March record
- Highlander sales: 887 (up 65.2%) :: New March record
- 4Runner sales: 348 (up 50.6%)
- Tacoma sales: 916 (up 1.9%)
- Canadian-built RAV4 sales: 2,561
"We are pleased that the new style, performance and value of the 2014 Corolla speaks to Canadians in ever increasing numbers as evidenced by March sales which climbed 36.8% over year earlier results," said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Sales, Toyota Canada Inc.
Lexus sales highlights for March 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Lexus sales: 1,594 (up 30.5%) :: New March record :: second straight month of record sales
- Luxury car sales: 784 (up 43.1%) :: New March record
- IS sales: 353 (up 370.7%) :: New March record :: second straight month of record sales
- CT sales: 138 (up 76.9%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 810 (up 20.4%)
- RX sales: 709 (up 26.8%)
Scion sales highlights for March 2014
- Scion sales: 294
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. March sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Incorporated in 1964, Toyota has sold more than 4 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCIÕs head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Cambridge (TMMC) also manufactures the Toyota RAV4 EV for the North American market. TMMC is the only manufacturer in Canada to assemble both hybrid and electric vehicles.
SOURCE: Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.