18 % year-over-year increase for Toyota, Lexus and Scion :: Camry remains #1 for third straight month since launch
TORONTO, Feb. 1, 2012 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) started the year off with a record-setting 10,660 sales in January.
Toyota sales highlights for January 2012 (vs. January 2011)
- Total Toyota sales: 9,565 (up 17.2%)
- Toyota car sales: 4,965 (up 13.4%)
- Yaris Hatch sales: 476 (up 188.5%)
- Prius/Prius v sales: 263 (up 176.8%)
- Camry/Camry Hybrid sales: 1,007 (up 168.5%), leads intermediate sedan segment for third month in a row
- Avalon sales: 39 (up 116.7%)
- Toyota truck sales: 4,600 (up 21.6%)
- RAV4 sales: 1,428 (up 34.5%)
- Venza sales: 791 (up 33.2%)
- Tacoma sales: 512 (up 22.8%)
- Sienna sales: 693 (up 18.7%)
- 4Runner sales: 234 (up 16.4%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 501 (up 143.2%)
"We are proud to report TCI's best January in history, and we thank our customers. Our new 2012 models, including the Toyota Camry, Toyota Yaris Hatch, the all-new Prius v and the updated Tacoma, continue to be popular with Canadians," said Tony Wearing, Senior Managing Director, Toyota Canada Inc. "We're also looking forward to bringing Canadians 18 more new or refreshed vehicles in the coming months."
Lexus sales highlights for January 2012 (vs. January 2011)
- Total Lexus sales: 810 (up 11.3%)
- Lexus luxury cars: 329 (up 25.6%)
- CT 200h sales: 88 (first year of sales)
- IS 250 C / IS 350 C sales: 17 (up 88.9%)
- Lexus luxury SUVs: 481 (up 3.2%)
- Lexus hybrid sales: 153 (up 135.4%)
"Our Canadian guests continue to embrace the CT 200h compact luxury hybrid sportback, which delivers a new, contemporary interpretation of luxury," said Larry Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director. "With the imminent launch of the 2013 Lexus GS 350 and its hybrid edition, plus nine new or refreshed models arriving in the next 12 months, we look forward to continuing to help Canadian guests pursue more moments of perfection in 2012."
Scion sales highlights for January 2012 (vs. January 2011)
- Total Scion sales: 285 (up 75.9%) , best ever January
- xD: 54 (up 86.2%)
- tC: 89 (up 74.5%)
- iQ: 75 (first month of national sales)
"Scion started the year off strong, with our best-ever January, and the all-new Scion iQ was our second-best seller in its first full month of national sales," noted Larry Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director. "The introduction of our Release Series vehicles for the xD and tC powered sales of those models. We look forward to building momentum in 2012 with our line-up of highly-customizable, youth-oriented vehicles and our unique sales process."
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
For further information:
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.