TORONTO, Dec. 1 /CNW/ - The Toyota Corolla, significantly refreshed for the 2011 model year, continues to raise the bar when it comes to safety, styling, fun-to-drive performance, fuel efficiency and proven value. In addition to a restyled, sportier exterior, Canadian drivers will also have the added confidence of Toyota's Star Safety System, now standard on every 2011 Toyota, including Corolla.
"The Corolla remains one of the most trusted and popular vehicles, with over 1 million sold in Canada over more than 40 years. For 2011, Corolla builds on the features Canadians love, adding more than 300 new parts - a significant revision, given that the last full model change also added 1,000 new parts," said Warren Orton, Director at Toyota Canada Inc. "Every Corolla sold in Canada is built in Canada; with 80 per cent of all Corollas sold here over the last 20 years still on the road today, the quality and reliability of this model speaks for itself."
With the Star Safety System as standard, the 2011 Corolla delivers added peace of mind to Canadian drivers. Along with a choice of four front-wheel-drive models featuring an option of two engine sizes, manual or automatic transmissions, new convenience features and updated options packages for 2011 - there's a Corolla for everyone.
Highlights for 2011
- All models are standard equipped with the Toyota Star Safety System, which includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA) enhancements, and Toyota's Smart Stop Technology;
- All models feature a fresh look with redesigned headlamps, tail lamps, front grille, front and rear bumpers, and trunk lid;
- The Corolla S and Corolla XRS feature a redesigned flat-bottom steering wheel, an upgraded audio system with a Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD), integrated XM satellite radio, USB audio input and Bluetooth capability, a new combination meter design and gauges enhanced with chrome rings;
- The Corolla S and Corolla LE feature newly styled 16" wheels;
- In addition to the redesigned 16-inch wheels, the Corolla LE also receives new scuff plates and two fresh options packages adding new comfort and convenience choices, including heated cloth seats;
- Two new exterior colours - Sandy Beach Metallic and Nautical Blue Metallic.
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Toyota Corolla will be on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada in early January, 2011. Pricing for the 2011 Toyota Corolla will be announced closer to launch.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks, and Toyota Industrial Equipment. TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
For further information: For further information:
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca