TORONTO, July 13, 2017 /CNW/ - For the sixth consecutive year, Tangerine has earned the highest ranking in customer satisfaction among midsized banks in the 2017 J.D. Power Canadian Retail Banking Customer Satisfaction Study*, exceeding the scores of banks in the Big 5 Banks category segment. In addition to receiving the highest overall customer satisfaction score, Tangerine received the highest score among midsized banks in the following study factors:
- Product (Chequing Account, Savings Account, Credit Card)
- Personal Service
"Being recognized for six straight years by J.D. Power is a testament to the work Tangerine is doing to transform banking for our clients," said Brenda Rideout, President and CEO of Tangerine. "This is a milestone year for Tangerine as we celebrate 20 years of helping Canadians earn more, save more and keep more of their hard-earned money. We're committed to helping Canadians make smart decisions with their money and I'd like to thank our clients for recognizing us again this year."
Twenty years of convenience, innovation and simple banking experiences at Tangerine:
- Convenience – Tangerine Clients can bank 24/7 online, through the Mobile Banking app, or over the phone. They can also stop by a Tangerine Café, Pop-Up Location or Kiosk location across Canada to sign-up for an Account and engage with a Tangerine Associate.
- No Unfair Fees – Through Tangerine's banking model, there is no need for hefty fees. By keeping our costs and overhead lean, we aren't paying for what we don't need, and that means our Clients aren't paying needlessly either.
- Always-on support – Tangerine Associates are available for 24/7 phone support, or can be reached by email, Secure Chat, or on social @TangerineHelps.
- Free ABM access – Tangerine Clients have free unlimited access to 3,500 Scotiabank® ABMs nationwide and 50,000 ABMs worldwide through Scotiabank's Global ATM Alliance.
- Innovation – Digital Onboarding is an improved sign-up experience that provides an easier, faster and secure way for Clients to begin banking with Tangerine within minutes. This innovation enables the entire new Client sign-up process to be completed online, without the hassles of cheques or paperwork.
*Tangerine received the highest numerical score among midsize banks in the J.D. Power 2012-2017 Canadian Retail Banking Customer Satisfaction Studies. 2017 study based on 2,476 total responses with six rank-eligible midsize retail banks, measuring the opinions of consumers with their primary financial institution, surveyed March-April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com
Tangerine is a direct bank that delivers simplified everyday banking to Canadians. With nearly 2 million Clients and close to $38 billion in total assets, we are Canada's leading direct bank. Tangerine offers banking that is flexible and accessible, products and services that are innovative, fair fees, and award-winning Client service. From no-fee daily chequing to high-interest savings accounts, GICs, RSPs, TFSAs, mortgages, a Credit Card, and mutual funds through its subsidiary, Tangerine Investment Funds Ltd., Tangerine has the everyday banking products Canadians need. With over 1,000 employees in Canada, our presence extends beyond our website and Mobile Banking app to our Café locations, Pop-Up locations, Kiosks and 24/7 Contact Centres. Tangerine was launched as ING DIRECT Canada in 1997. In 2012 it was acquired by Scotiabank, and operates independently as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
For more information, visit tangerine.ca
Scotiabank® is a registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
For further information: Derek Kirk, Corporate Communications, email@example.com, 416 316 0149