Customers can shop thousands of back to school and off to university products in one convenient location from anywhere they roam this summer, making shopping for school the easiest part of the equation
From school supplies to textbooks and laptops to wireless printers, Amazon is offering customers epic deals on everything they're into this back-to-school season
SEATTLE, Aug. 1, 2018 /CNW/ - (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon Canada today launched its Back to School and Off to University stores where parents, students, and educators can discover classroom supplies and dorm room essentials at the lowest prices. From superhero backpacks and sequin pencil pouches to finding the perfect first-day-of-school outfit, Amazon has everything students need to feel confident heading back to class. Customers can find compelling deals throughout the back-to-school shopping season from HP, Bose, Canon, Sennheiser, Rocketbook, Avery, Hilroy and more, as well as enjoy Prime FREE Two-Day Shipping on many items across Amazon.ca. A curated selection of everything from textbooks and electronics to apparel and accessories is available now at amazon.ca/backtoschool and amazon.ca/offtouniversity, as well as on the Amazon App.
Back to School Store
Available at amazon.ca/backtoschool, Amazon's Back to School store provides an intuitive and seamless shopping experience that allows customers to add must-haves to their shopping cart. Parents and students can shop school list essentials by grade or simply browse curated products within the most shopped-for categories, including School Supplies, Clothing, Shoes & Accessories, Electronics, Everyday Essentials, Toys & Games, and Deals. In addition, educators have their own dedicated shop where they can discover classroom necessities, including everything from desks to pencil sharpeners.
Off to University Store for Post-Secondary Students
Available at amazon.ca/offtouniversity, Amazon's new Off to University store serves as a one-stop shop where parents and post-secondary students can easily access everything they need for life on campus. From laptops and textbooks to bedding and small kitchen appliances, Amazon has all the dorm room décor, class essentials, and late-night snacks you could ever need. Parents, students, and educators can browse popular categories, including Supplies, Textbooks, Clothing, Shoes & Accessories, Electronics, Home, and Deals. Higher education institutions can enjoy a dedicated shop that makes it easy to find everything from teaching materials and supplies to calendars and planners. Post-secondary students and educators can easily ship millions of items and pick up their orders at a secure Amazon pickup location near campus. To find a pickup location click here.
For post-secondary students looking for a great deal on campus, Prime Student is a Prime membership designed specifically for students and offers an unparalleled combination of shopping and entertainment all in one place. Students of two- and four-year schools can receive exclusive discounts on a wide selection of essentials, enjoy a selection of free games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, along with fast, free shipping on textbooks and other Prime-eligible items. The cost of Prime Student is half the cost, or 50 per cent off. Signing up is simple – eligible students can provide their school email address and enjoy a six-month trial to start their membership. The benefits for students who are Prime Student members doesn't stop there as students will save 10 per cent on textbooks orders totaling $100 or more. To learn more, visit amazon.ca/student.
Stay Ahead of the Class with Alexa
- Ask Alexa: Families looking for back-to-school tips can simply say, "Alexa, give me a back-to-school tip" and Alexa will provide fun and educational helpful tips for conquering the upcoming school year.
- Educational Q&A: Ask Alexa questions about science, math, spelling, definitions, or other educational topics that piques their curiosity. For example, "Alexa, how many miles is it to the Andromeda Galaxy?" or "Alexa, how do you spell pterodactyl?" Since Alexa is built in the cloud and is always getting smarter, she'll continue to learn new information every day.
- Set Your Morning Routine: Using the routines feature in the Alexa app, have Alexa start your day off right for those early back-to-school mornings. You can customize your routine to a saying of your choice (i.e. "Alexa, start my day") and select what you want Alexa to tell you, including hearing a new fact every day, reporting the weather, traffic or playing news from a flashing briefing of your choice.
- Be Together More: With the Echo Spot, make hands-free voice calls to any of your contacts, or video calls to friends and family who have an Echo Spot or the Alexa App. With Drop In enabled, instantly connect with other Echo devices in your home. For example, you can Drop In to ask what time dinner will be ready or check in to ensure homework is getting done. With Alexa Announcements, you can also use Alexa to broadcast a quick, one-way message to all other Echo devices in your home such as saying, "Alexa, announce that dinner is ready."
- Get Your Dance On: Alexa users who are also Prime members will enjoy unlimited access to over one millions songs on Prime Music to stream via Alexa on an Echo device or the Prime Music app. Playlists that parents can play with their kids include Classics for Kids, Kids Singalong Favourites and 50 Great Kidz Bop Songs. It's as simple as asking, "Alexa, play the 50 Great Kidz Bop Songs playlist from Prime Music."
- Alexa on the Go: Away from your Echo device? Download the Amazon Music app and simply tap the Alexa icon in the app to ask for your favourite music. Click here to download the iOS app or here for the Android app.
Whole Foods Market
Customers in British Columbia and Ontario can find healthy and organic food products for weekday breakfasts, school lunchboxes, after school snacking, and family meal time at all Whole Foods Market stores. All Amazon.ca customers can shop Whole Foods Market's line of organic products and 365 Everyday Value to keep the pantry stocked year-round. From nut butters to cereals to snack favourites, skip the checkout line and have it all delivered to your front door.
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day. Over 100 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including shopping and entertainment. In Canada, that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video, access to over one million songs on Prime Music, unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos, Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, and more. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in Toronto and Vancouver, Prime FREE One-Day Delivery in over six cities, and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items. Eligible customers can start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.ca/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
SOURCE Amazon Canada
For further information: Kristen Schaffrath, NATIONAL Public Relations, email@example.com, 416-848-1704