TORONTO, Aug. 22, 2018 /CNW/ - Centennial College is hosting its first TEDx event to cast a big spotlight on the creative, innovative and transformative new ideas put forth by the college's vibrant community in Toronto.
Centennial's TEDx theme is Resilience: the ability to withstand, recover and move forward when faced with adversity, tragedy and obstacles that may appear impossible to overcome. The October 25 event will bring together community and industry leaders, entrepreneurs, artists and change makers to share their innovative ideas and perspectives on contemporary issues.
Among the speakers who will be presenting at TEDxCentennialCollegeToronto are:
- John Wilson, a software development expert and renewable energy innovator who has made waves with his sustainable Wilson Natural home and farm.
- Tahani Aburaneh is one of Canada's top real estate moguls, a land developer and builder, a founder of four companies – and a former refugee camp resident.
- Dr. Trung Ngo knows resilience; he has worked with leading clinicians in pain rehabilitation and treats people with complex, chronic pain at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Najwa Zebian is an author, poet and educator who draws on her own experiences of displacement and discrimination to encourage others to create fearlessly.
- Broadcaster Melissa Grelo is a co-host of CTV's The Social, as well as a contributing host of Your Morning, and a top social media influencer in Canada.
- Magician, speaker and author Brandon Love has worked with thousands of people to help them learn to solve problems, build better teams and fulfill their potential.
- Chef Daniel Cancino's interpretation of Filipino cuisine references flavours and aromas he knew growing up in the Philippines while using ingredients and techniques learned while cooking professionally, most recently at Toronto's Lamesa.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience where TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark discussion and connection. Centennial's TEDx is self-organized, but subject to TED.com rules and regulations.
Start the conversation by posting your own resilience story at #TEDxCCTO and #TEDxCentennialCollegeToronto. Event details: tedxcentennialcollegetoronto.ca.
SOURCE Centennial College
For further information: Media contact: Mark Toljagic, Communications Officer, Centennial College, 416-289-5000 ext. 7142, mobile 416-605-6012, [email protected]