Celebrating Canadians, clinicians and organizations advancing digital health
TORONTO, Nov. 9, 2017 /CNW/ - Health care organizations from across the country are coming together to celebrate the positive impact that digital health is making for Canadians during Digital Health Week, November 13-19, 2017.
"Digital health is transforming health care delivery in Canada," said Michael Green, president and CEO, Canada Health Infoway. "There are countless stories about how digital health is making a difference for clinicians and Canadians. It better enables clinicians to access the information they need to make decisions more quickly and empowers patients to better manage their health through online portals and other digital tools and services. This is a week dedicated to celebrating these advancements."
Digital Health Week was created as a way to raise awareness about the important work going on to advance health technology and evolve health care in Canada.
With dozens of participating organizations involved, there are many activities, announcements and events planned. A few include:
- Partnership Conference Webcast – The opening keynote presentations on November 14 and 15 will be webcast live from Calgary.
- #HCLDR TweetChat – Join the conversation on Tuesday, November 14 at 8:30 p.m. ET using #HCLDR and #ThinkDigitalHealth.
- Women Leaders in Digital Health Award – This award, sponsored by COACH: Canada's Health Informatics Association, will be announced during the week.
- #OnesToFollow – A list of digital health leaders one "must follow" on Twitter will be released on November 14.
- Digital Health Week Fête – Connect with people who are passionate about digital health on Monday, November 13 in Calgary.
- Social Media – There will be plenty of social media activity happening using #ThinkDigitalHealth.
Visit www.betterhealthtogether.ca/digital-health-week for more information and to see what else is planned.
About Digital Health Week
Digital Health Week (November 13-19, 2017) was created by leading health care organizations to celebrate how digital health is transforming care across the country and to increase awareness about the value and benefits of digital health for all Canadians.
Digital Health Week Participating Organizations
Federal, provincial and territorial health ministries, along with the following health care organizations from across Canada are supporting Digital Health Week:
Friends of Digital Health Week 2017
Infoway Partnership Conference sponsors are recognized as Friends of Digital Health Week:
For more information, or to arrange an interview with a digital health subject matter expert or a patient who uses digital health:
Canada Health Infoway
Tel: (416) 595-3167
SOURCE Canada Health Infoway