MONTRÉAL, June 19, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - From June 19 to June 22, 2018, Montréal is hosting the ICLEI World Congress ICLEI in the urban era. Participants from some 60 countries will converge at the Palais des congrès in order to draw their inspiration from doimestic and international best practices. The event will provide an ideal opportunity for the media to exchange with some of the major players in the field of sustainable urban development from across the globe.
The program for June 20, 2018 Integrate
- 8:30 Plenary 3 Achieving the global goals through innovative solutions and collective local action (room 517 CD)
- 11:00 Sub-plenary 1 Shaping low-emission cities, towns and regions (room 517CD)
- 11:00 Sub-plenary 2 Healthy cities for all (room 510)
- 14:00 Sub-plenary 3 Transitioning toward resilient cities and regions (room 510)
- 14:00 Sub-plenary 4 Circular cities: Designing urban systems that fit planetary boundaries' (room 517CD)
- 16:00 Sub-plenary 5 Nature-based solutions: Transforming environmental and social challenges into innovation opportunities (room 517CD)
- 16:00 Sub-plenary 6 Achieving sustainability through strategic procurement (room 510)
- 16:00 Thematic sessions C
- 18:30 Signature of the Edmonton Declaration by the mayor of Montréal (City Hall)
Highlights of the day:
- At 8:30 a.m., plenary 3 will present innovative solutions and local approaches to pressing matters in the realm of sustainable development, namely facilitated by Martin Frick (UNFCCC) and by Solly Msimanga, mayor of Tshwane, South Africa.
- At 11:00 a.m., sub-plenary 1 will present the ICLEI climate action plan, namely with David Miller from C40.
- At 2:00 p.m., Jean-François Parenteau, executive committee member in charge of citizen services, sustainable development, procurement and the environment will take part, along with his counterparts, in the Talanoa dialogue, a session of discussions regarding case histories.
- At 6:00 p.m., during the Networking cocktail, Concertation Montréal will unveil the wining team of «Rêver le Montréal de demain», in addition to presenting inspiring initiatives set up as part of the sustainable Montréal 2016-2020 initiative
- At 6:15 p.m., Montréal will host the signature of the Edmonton Declaration (city hall)
See the day's detailed programming: https://worldcongress2018.iclei.org/vue-densemble/?lang=fr
June 20, 2018
Palais des congrès de Montréal
SOURCE Ville de Montréal - Cabinet de la mairesse et du comité exécutif
For further information: Source: Camille Bégin, Relationniste, Division des relations médias, Ville de Montréal, [email protected]; Information and accreditations: Mélissa Archambault, Morin Relations Publiques, [email protected], Cell: 450 501-2298