/R E P E A T -- Media Advisory - Toronto International Women's Day Celebrated on March 5/
04 Mar, 2016, 10:00 ET
TORONTO, March 3, 2016 /CNW/ - Saturday, March 5 marks Toronto's annual International Women's Day rally and march. This year's theme is a call to action - "All Women Rise Up".
Invited community activists will discuss the impact of racism and colonialism on women's rights, women's work and women's lives. With a focus on the need for women to continue to rise up, speakers and performers will speak out against violence and hate, racism and islamophobia, and poverty. The rally will call for reconciliation with Aboriginal people, along with supporting the demands of the Black Lives Matter coalition, and justice on the job.
Organized by a coalition of community members including students, workers, and labour unions, the event is sponsored by Women Working with Immigrant Women. The event brings together thousands of people of all genders and ages who will march to demand for equality and justice.
- What: Rally and march to celebrate International Women's Day
- When: Saturday March 5, starting at 11:00 a.m.
- Rally 11:00 a.m., OISE Auditorium, 252 Bloor Street West, (St. George Subway Station
- March 1:00 p.m., March goes East on Bloor, South on Yonge Street to Gould Street
- Fair 1:30 p.m., Ryerson Students' Centre, 55 Gould Street
Source: Women Working with Immigrant Women
SOURCE International Women's Day Toronto (IWD Toronto)
For further information: or to arrange interviews please contact: Andrea Calver, 416-434-8031 or Jenny Ahn, 416-271-3489
Share this article